having mixed emotions about trying for #3, anyone else?

gingerbaby4us

new momma
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I am getting my IUD out thursday so we can try for our third child. I have always wanted at least 3 children. But I am suddenly having cold feet. I feel afraid. I never felt this way before TTC with my other two. I'm afraid of morning sickness with two kids to tend to, and then after the birth the terrible Post partum anxiety/depression I get. I also worry about something bad happening to me during pregnancy or birth. My first was a very traumatic EMCS. But my second was a mellow lovely VBAC. Maybe I worry too much. I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who feels similarly. I really want another child to share our life with, I love being a mother, and I love pregnancy just not the first few months or the post partum period. and...ts now or never for #3. We are past the age we agreed upon for our breeding years.

Hey I'm TTC #2. I just had my IUD removed to start tying. And I'm scared too, I love being a mum to my son who is now 7 but I feel like I NEED another one. I had my first child very young and I'm hoping this time around now I'm older it will be not such of a scary and terrifying experience. But my fear I had back then are still haunting me. However, I wish you the very best of luck :)

I am scared of the pregnancy part with 2 young kids- I'm ok with morning sickness but it's the last 8 weeks! I can hardly move I get so big.
But I see how my 2 girls are almost at the playing together stage now and I think I need to give them another sibling soon so they can all grow up together.
I'm just finished my first pp af so officially cycle 1 of ttc! I have a few worries too, but as you say it's now or never so let's get busy!!
Good luck!

Me too! I have a slightly bigger age gap with mine so that worries me too what if baby gets left out etc. I had 2 good births so not really worried on that side of things but it's always at the back of my mind things can go wrong!

Pregnancy with 2 children im not looking forward too!!

It's good to know I am not the only one who is feeling this way. Its what I want. I just know it's going to be a difficult journey. You know? It will be worth it in the long run. My first are 3 years apart. These will be a little closer in age if all goes well. I had always wanted them close together but unfortunately I am no fertile myrtle. lol.

Do any of you have 2 the same sex? And are you secretly hoping for the sex you don't have? I am! I've got 2 girls and would really like a boy but feel a bit ungrateful saying it out loud! Obviously healthy baby and healthy pregnancy and birth is morst important- and I wouldn't be disappointed to have another girl what so ever! But I quite fancy doing the whole boy thing and seeing how I go!

Do any of you have 2 the same sex? And are you secretly hoping for the sex you don't have? I am! I've got 2 girls and would really like a boy but feel a bit ungrateful saying it out loud! Obviously healthy baby and healthy pregnancy and birth is morst important- and I wouldn't be disappointed to have another girl what so ever! But I quite fancy doing the whole boy thing and seeing how I go!

Yes I have 2 boys & hoping for a girl I know what you mean about sounding ungrateful lol. I would like to do all the girly things but certainly wouldn't be disappointed with another boy

I know exactly how you feel... I will be 40 this year and if I had more years would have likely waited another year or two but it's now or never. I too worry about ms with two under two in the house and how I will manage everything like I am now. Just remember it quickly passes. :)

I also have two of the same gender (girls) and I am hoping for another girl! I love the idea of a strong 3 daughter sisterhood. Of course I would be overjoyed with a boy as well. azmomma, it's hard feeling like it's now or never. I think my body would enjoy another year or so before another pregnancy. I think it will turn out okay though. The body is resilient.

I am 100% sure I want another but I do worry about the practicalities of it nearly everyday! I worry about spreading my time between the 3 of them, morning sickness as I suffered really badly with it in the past..and the sleepless nights! The list is long but the good far outweighs the bad I can't wait to have another :) I think it's normal for us to worry!

Hey ladies, I am getting my IUD out thursday so we can try for our third child. I have always wanted at least 3 children. But I am suddenly having cold feet. I feel afraid. I never felt this way before TTC with my other two. I'm afraid of morning sickness with two kids to tend to, and then after the birth the terrible Post partum anxiety/depression I get. I also worry about something bad happening to me during pregnancy or birth. My first was a very traumatic EMCS. But my second was a mellow lovely VBAC. Maybe I worry too much. I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who feels similarly. I really want another child to share our life with, I love being a mother, and I love pregnancy just not the first few months or the post partum period. and...ts now or never for #3. We are past the age we agreed upon for our breeding years.

I get cold feet every once in a while, too. I'm trying for my fourth and my OH's first. This will also be my rainbow baby after losing my youngest in 2012. I know 110% that I want another child and that I want to start a family with my OH. However, there are still days where I get cold feet and worry about having another. I worry a lot about actually being pregnant again, going through labor and delivery, the post partum period...all of it. I also worry a lot about the age gap I'm going to end up with. There will be at least 7 years between my oldest and the new baby, and at least 6 years between my second child and the new baby. That's a much bigger age gap than I ever wanted. Finally, I worry a lot about the whole TTC process and whether or not I even actually want to go through it.

So, so sum up this very long-winded post, you are definitely not alone. I think all of us get cold feet and have our worries at times. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->