Having problems - changing nappies and getting dressed - 9 months old

lisa9999

Reaction score
Total and utter nightmare atm. She has always been wriggly and I have to pass her things continually to keep her occupied, but lately she is getting worse.
She screams and screams, will not keep still, and she is crying so much it is unbelievable. If I lived in a flat I think I would have people knocking on!!

Help!! Any tips!? Anyone else having these problems?? :(

same here! more often than not now cuz shes walking i end up chasing her round the living room trying to get the clean nappy on before she pees all over the place! try giving her a toy or some juice to occupy her while u do it?

I have the same problem. Nothing keeps her still, I've even tried giving her the xbox controller lol. Nothing works : / xx

Sometimes I have a massive struggle with Ruby when I need to change her. The telly works pretty well most of the time as a distraction.

Yup! Jacob is so strong so it's quite difficult to keep him still.. I really do not look forward to poos!
I give him anything hes not normally allowed, like my mobile, or the controls.
I've even resorted to putting a nappy on my head and singing a nursery rhyme in a really stupid voice, and then change as fast as possible :haha:.

Ha ha I'm going to try that, thanks Dani!!
I give her my mobile to mess with most of the time but she seems to have got bored with that too!!

I feel like a right idiot doing it but hey, better than poo everywhere hey! :rofl: x

Yeah I had to sing various songs loudly in a car park the other day to get Ruby to allow me to do up her car seat straps! Felt stupid and I CAN't sing, but it worked :)

About 50% of the time Flora hates getting her clothes changed so much she screams and has a massive meltdown. A toy sometimes helps, she actually loves playing with tubes of cream/toiletries :shrug:, but apart from that I just try to do it as quick as possible. No idea why she hates it so much.

i'm the same! unfortunately nothing distracts Laila, she KNOWS it's time to get changed and she's having none of it.. she now locks her legs round my arms so i can't move :dohh: just have to persevere! x

Yup! Jacob is so strong so it's quite difficult to keep him still.. I really do not look forward to poos!
I've even resorted to putting a nappy on my head and singing a nursery rhyme in a really stupid voice, and then change as fast as possible :haha:.

IT WORKED!!!!
The smoothest, quickest nappy change in ages!!!

The nappy went on my head, and she stopped wriggling and just stared at me with a half smile on her face as if to say 'oh my god, what sort of nutcase of a mother have I ended up with' but she stayed still!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I had the most awful time changing Damien's nappy this morning. He somehow managed to wiggle around so much that poo went EVERYWHERE!! I am amazed that a 9 month old appears to be stronger than me cos i just cant keep him still! Haha. Distractions hardly ever work anymore. Changing clothes is also a nightmare, he hates it, i just have to do it as quickly as possible to minimise the time spent screeching at me, arching back like a lunatic and clawing at me to get off!

IT WORKED!!!!
The smoothest, quickest nappy change in ages!!!

The nappy went on my head, and she stopped wriggling and just stared at me with a half smile on her face as if to say 'oh my god, what sort of nutcase of a mother have I ended up with' but she stayed still!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

hahaha :happydance: brilliant!

Alfie's a nightmare atm too, he just rolls over and tries to crawl away, not fun with poo everywhere! I think singing works ok most of the time, might try the nappy on the head though lol.

Ive had this with all 3 of mine,around the 9 month age too_Owen has just started this week.I just pin em down and get it over with quick as I can lol

Ditto to everything you said! An utter nightmare! Usually my phone or the remote for 30 seconds does the trick - might have to resort to Dani's suggestion though :haha: We're all going to look total nutters haha!
xx

I normally give LO my cellphone. She'll stop dead in her tracks if I do. :rofl:

I want to try the nappy on the head thing. Just for fun :lol:

You know what i was just going to make a post on nappy change time.My 10 month old has been crawling for a few weeks and has recently become a nightmare when it comes to nappy change.He`s trying to get away and i have to hold him down and he`s screeming.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->