Having problems - changing nappies and getting dressed - 9 months old

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by lisa9999, Jan 31, 2011.

1. lisa9999

lisa9999 Well-Known Member

Total and utter nightmare atm. She has always been wriggly and I have to pass her things continually to keep her occupied, but lately she is getting worse.
    She screams and screams, will not keep still, and she is crying so much it is unbelievable. If I lived in a flat I think I would have people knocking on!!

Help!! Any tips!? Anyone else having these problems?? :(

2. NuKe

NuKe mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

same here! more often than not now cuz shes walking i end up chasing her round the living room trying to get the clean nappy on before she pees all over the place! try giving her a toy or some juice to occupy her while u do it?

3. Natasha2605

Natasha2605 2 girlies <3

I have the same problem. Nothing keeps her still, I've even tried giving her the xbox controller lol. Nothing works : / xx

4. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Sometimes I have a massive struggle with Ruby when I need to change her. The telly works pretty well most of the time as a distraction.

5. dani_tinks

dani_tinks Mum to one of each

Yup! Jacob is so strong so it's quite difficult to keep him still.. I really do not look forward to poos!
    I give him anything hes not normally allowed, like my mobile, or the controls.
    I've even resorted to putting a nappy on my head and singing a nursery rhyme in a really stupid voice, and then change as fast as possible :haha:.

6. Mum2b_Claire

I'm going to try that Dani!

7. lisa9999

Ha ha I'm going to try that, thanks Dani!!
    I give her my mobile to mess with most of the time but she seems to have got bored with that too!!

8. dani_tinks

I feel like a right idiot doing it but hey, better than poo everywhere hey! :rofl: x

9. Mum2b_Claire

Yeah I had to sing various songs loudly in a car park the other day to get Ruby to allow me to do up her car seat straps! Felt stupid and I CAN't sing, but it worked :)

10. greenlady

greenlady Mum of two gorgeous girls

About 50% of the time Flora hates getting her clothes changed so much she screams and has a massive meltdown. A toy sometimes helps, she actually loves playing with tubes of cream/toiletries :shrug:, but apart from that I just try to do it as quick as possible. No idea why she hates it so much.

11. xolily

xolily Well-Known Member

i'm the same! unfortunately nothing distracts Laila, she KNOWS it's time to get changed and she's having none of it.. she now locks her legs round my arms so i can't move :dohh: just have to persevere! x

12. lisa9999

IT WORKED!!!!
    The smoothest, quickest nappy change in ages!!!

The nappy went on my head, and she stopped wriggling and just stared at me with a half smile on her face as if to say 'oh my god, what sort of nutcase of a mother have I ended up with' but she stayed still!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

13. loverguts

loverguts Well-Known Member

I had the most awful time changing Damien's nappy this morning. He somehow managed to wiggle around so much that poo went EVERYWHERE!! I am amazed that a 9 month old appears to be stronger than me cos i just cant keep him still! Haha. Distractions hardly ever work anymore. Changing clothes is also a nightmare, he hates it, i just have to do it as quickly as possible to minimise the time spent screeching at me, arching back like a lunatic and clawing at me to get off!

14. loverguts

loverguts Well-Known Member

Im trying this at next nappy change!!! :happydance:

15. dani_tinks

hahaha :happydance: brilliant!

16. Feltzy

Feltzy Well-Known Member

Alfie's a nightmare atm too, he just rolls over and tries to crawl away, not fun with poo everywhere! I think singing works ok most of the time, might try the nappy on the head though lol.

17. kerrie24

kerrie24 me,him and 3 lo's

Ive had this with all 3 of mine,around the 9 month age too_Owen has just started this week.I just pin em down and get it over with quick as I can lol

18. MissBroody

MissBroody Well-Known Member

Ditto to everything you said! An utter nightmare! Usually my phone or the remote for 30 seconds does the trick - might have to resort to Dani's suggestion though :haha: We're all going to look total nutters haha!
    xx

19. Nicoleoleole

Nicoleoleole 2 kids + 1!

I normally give LO my cellphone. She'll stop dead in her tracks if I do. :rofl:

I want to try the nappy on the head thing. Just for fun :lol:

20. Babynumber1

Babynumber1 Mum of 1 & Pregnant

You know what i was just going to make a post on nappy change time.My 10 month old has been crawling for a few weeks and has recently become a nightmare when it comes to nappy change.He`s trying to get away and i have to hold him down and he`s screeming.xx