Having to stop :(

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
Ah I'm so sad :(.This will probably sound very over dramatic and silly but I'm hoping someone understands!

I haven't BF'ed DD in 5 days. She stopped wanting to nurse all of a sudden and I put it down to a nursing strike, I was confident we'd get through it. For the first couple of days she was feeding at night so I wasn't too worried (she usually feeds 5-7 times a night and only 3-4 times a day). Then she refused at night too and would scream if my nipple went near her mouth. I've been pumping but she won't take the expressed milk (not that I get much anyway, it takes me an hour to get an oz). I went to the doctor because I've got these lumps in my breast and thought maybe they were a blocked duct or something else putting DD off nursing. Now I have to go for an ultrasound because the doctor was concerned about the lumps and a couple of things which I'd put down to just regular breastfeeding bother (which they still might be of course), so of course that is stressing me out.

DD still won't nurse, I'm not getting anything when I pump and just clear fluid when I hand express. I now have mastitis and just feel crap :(. No one else understands why I'm upset, everyone says its a good thing as she might sleep better on formula and she's old enough to stop. But I wanted to feed her until she was 1+. I was sad when my DS stopped nursing but I knew I'd have another baby soon and would get to BF again. Its looking like DD is my last baby and I'm not really ready to let go. I thought I would be quite happy to stop because I have found it painful this time around and physically quite rough at times, but I haven't had time to prepare for stopping (which probably sounds really over dramatic), I can't even remember her last feed as I was half asleep at the time :cry:.

I cried every time I gave her a bottle last night. I know my hormones aren't helping, they made me all teary when DS stopped, and I'm trying to tell myself to stop being so silly but I feel a bit blue :(. I think DH saying he doesn't want a 3rd baby right as this happened is just making me feel like my baby days are all over.

Sorry for the whinge.

I had similar around the same age. She had a virus and a sore mouth. She didn't nurse for a whole week. I pumped 3hrs around the clock and kept offering via cup. Unfortunately she thought a bottle was a toy having never seen one before.

In the end when I knew she was better I forced the nipple in her mouth, she took a couple of sucks and then was off again.

Awhhhh that's so sad !! My baby would latch for the first 5 weeks of his life ! I pumped with a handpump all the time and didn't gave up. He breastfed for 2 months perfect than I had a stress situation and my letdown disappeared, back to pumping for 2 weeks ! Than it got back ! sooo happy ! Than my car broke down and husband angry that I didn't make enough money let down gone again. I made it thrue all the other struggles so will continue to hold on and pump ! hihihi I hope all will get better for you too ! And otherwise you must be very proud of yourself for giving it your best try !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->