• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Having trouble accepting

magicteapot

Esme (3) Baby on the way!
Reaction score
I found out I was pregnant last Monday, 4 weeks. Two days later on Wednesday morning I started off with a bit of pink spotting, which I though was fine. I had slight backache but wasn't in any pain.I had no nausea so was worried (as I had started to get a little morning sickness). I did take a test in the middle of the day, which was negative, but I thought in my last pregnancy I did a test at 7 weeks which was negative so it was probably just too dilute. Slowly over the day the bleeding became more, I started passing small clots and stringy bits when I went to the loo. I'm fairly sure I've had a heavier period before (It didn't soak through the pad), but had to regularly change. I got on the phone to NHS direct, several doctors, the whole lot who said I was probably miscarrying and there was nothing I could do. I was absolutely devastated, but still holding out hope. On Thursday morning I woke up with a little pool of blood in my pad, although still not soaked through. By the evening bleeding had lessened, and by Friday halved again. I am still having a slight bleed. I have no idea why my body keeps telling me I am pregnant. I had severe nausea from about 4pm yesterday, am still off certain foods, and slight nausea this evening too. When will my hormone levels drop off? It's so stressful and sad =[ :sad2:

Hi Hun, first of all I'm sorry for your loss, and second of all I'm sorry that you haven't had any replies yet. Hope you're ok.
I don't know when your hormone levels will drop off, mine took about a week, for me to stop "feeling" pregnant.
Everyone is different though.
Really hope you're ok x

After a miscarriage they advise taking a pregnancy test 3 weeks later which should then be negative. If it isn't you need to get in touch with doctor/hospital. I'm guessing it can therefore take up to 3 weeks for the hormone levels to drop back to normal x

Hi there .. I am going through my second miscarriage in two months .
Last month we lost it at 5 weeks .. My hormones dropped within 3 days down to 0.
This month I got faint positive tests .. Started bleeding then spotting and stopped bleeding .. Still got faint positives .. Then today started bleeding heavily and now my tests are negative . So I'm thinking my hormone level has dropped off quickly again .
I'm still feeling some pregnancy symptoms but last month the symptoms stopped a few days after I got negative blood tests.
Sorry you are going through this <3

Unfortunately hun I think the pregnancy symptoms will last as long as the hormones are raging your system. With my first loss my hormones and pregnancy symptoms were gone within a week after I started bleeding. With my second loss I had my betas done at 4 weeks post D&C because I was still having slight nausea and they were still around 50. This time I'm still having strong pregnancy symptoms 5 days later and my hormones are only slowly dropping so each woman and every pregnancy loss is different. I'm sending you lots of hugs through this stressful time :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->