Hayfever what can I take?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
I suffer badly from hayfever don't no if I'm pregnant yet but I'm in the tww. Does anyone no what I can take? X

My dr says nothing until 12 weeks unless it's an emergency. Then, Benadryl and Claritin are fine if you're only 1DPO (your ticker), heck, I'd take the Claritin once or twice.

All antihistimines are generally considered safe to take in pregnancy so I wouldn't hesitate to take them if you only think you might be pregnant. Loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (this is what is in our Benedryl in the UK, it's different in the U.S. though) are both considered pregnancy safe, though I think loradadine is preferred. In the UK, Piriton (which contains chlorphenamine) is also considered safe, but it does cause drowsiness, which isn't ideal if you're already pregnant and exhausted, but if you aren't and you prefer it, then that's fine too. A saline nasal spray or neti pot may also help.

Terrible, isn't it? I had such bad hayfever this year I was incapacitated for two weeks: achy, massive headaches, and of course, the itchy eyes, alternatively stuffy and runny nose, and itchy mouth and ears. It was so bad I was sleeping all the time. I thought it was baby, but my doctor said it was more likely hayfever, which can cause insane fatigue.

Now to shut up and answer your question, I was advised to take nothing for allergies, but I did take Tyenol for the pain, which my doc said was cool. (My sinus infection got so bad I lost my sense of smell for a month, even after the hayfever was gone!) I also used a saline rinse.

Of course, whatever your doctor says is fine, I'm sure. Good luck!

Thanks guys il get some benedryl today!! Hayfever is just the worst!!! I just get so paranoid about taking things st this stage and obviously in the 1st tri. Hopefully il be joining you guys soon. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->