hayfever.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
can babies get hayfever?

joshua has a bad runny nose today but doesnt seem to have a cold.

would you say it was hayfever?

Was going to start the same thread :p
Jack has a runny nose, sneezing, sore throat and watering eyes.
Is there anything I can do?

Hi Mrs N and xcherylx,

Trouble with babies having symptoms is teething gives simmilar symptoms, like runny nose etc and no cold, they also seem to pick up everything going, and sometimes that is just sneezy for a few days or runny nose with no other apparent symptoms.
My daughter seems to wake up her nose blocked every morning and it clears but wakes her in the first place as she can't breath to suck her dummy!
If babies do suffer from allergies like dust or pollen it is difficult to say that is what it is.
I would say check out the doctor or pharmacist first, find out if there is a baby syrup like piriton or simmilar that can be used and see if that helps, but i am not sure if there is anything that can be taken that young.

Sorry I can't help much!

Take care

Babythinkpink xx

joshua has a top tooth coming through by the looks of it.

Jack has 3 at the top coming through but his eyes are watering and sneezing...

If it is just a runny nose I'd say not, it he has streaming eyes together with the runny nose then it is possible.

My doctor says that having those symptoms in babies, it is not from teething. She said that those are myths! and that probably a little fever would be a small symptom of teething. ONLY.

I would say it is an allergic reaction to something. Is your place free of dust? maybe flowers? sprays? perfumes? whatever that can cause allergy, just block it.

Our son was like that for a while, but the reason what the change of environment when he started the daycare. He got those symptoms and then he got a fever and then everything was over.

Dont be scared, probably is nothing but something temporary!

hes got a cold.

it mus just of been the start of it.

My doctor says that having those symptoms in babies, it is not from teething. She said that those are myths! and that probably a little fever would be a small symptom of teething. ONLY.

I would say it is an allergic reaction to something. Is your place free of dust? maybe flowers? sprays? perfumes? whatever that can cause allergy, just block it.

Our son was like that for a while, but the reason what the change of environment when he started the daycare. He got those symptoms and then he got a fever and then everything was over.

Dont be scared, probably is nothing but something temporary!

Hi,
I hate to dissagree with your doctor but in my experience babies get more than a fever when they are teething, usually runny noses, pink cheeks, minor rashes, crying, and loose poo sometimes with a sore bottom.
My first son breezed through teething with no symptoms at all, I didnt even know when he had teeth come through unless i looked, the others have had a varying degree of symptoms that acompany each tooth!
I certainly dont agree that the 'only' symptom of teething is a fever.

I agree with you tho that the symptoms also resemble a reaction to something like dust or pollen, and the only way to know for sure is to remove the allergen causing the reaction, however that is not always as easy as it sounds!

:baby:thinkpink

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->