HB at 180!

GemM83

Reaction score
So had my MW appointment today and they had a listen in......initial heart rate was in the 170's up to 180!

I have a student MW who was doing the searching, as soon as she found her bubs just kept going absolutely bonkers kicking/pushing the probe thingy away!

Normal MW moved me further up the bed and kept her hand on my tummy and as soon as they found her again off she went kicking and moving about. I was on the bed for roughly 20 minutes....in the end they gave up and said that the two "slight resting" periods she had were "OK". In my notes it says heart rate was 150-180. I'm now petrified something is wrong. She's always been an active baby but this afternoon she just went berserk.....has calmed down now though.

Has anyone else had readings up that high???

Hey yeah got lengthy experience with this during march of this year from a top hospital for this kinda thing. Our docs wouldve told us this.. It having ranged down to 150 is really good. When a babies moving like us it can really get their heart working as it would ours. Those restful periods its reassuring to see babies heart fell within normal range. Incidentally with our babies high hr we were allowed to be discharged ONCE it reached 180 - was on meds to get it lower. They classed 180 or less the safe zone tho commonly its known to be 160 this was from a fetal cardiologist. I dont blame you for paying close attention to what was said, as it stands with those stats baby sounds like a healthy babba. I hope you have a healthy happy pregnancy. Babies heart rate our end as u asked was 260 at its worst x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->