HCG at 5 weeks, advice?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I ended up in a&e yesterday due to being buckled over in pain, no bleeding and the pain felt muscular, the doctors are not worried about ectopic and he seems to think it's just growing pains as I'm 5 weeks and already pretty big, no idea why.

I had my levels checked yesterday and they stood at 5550 which he said looked really good, and high enough to scan me on the 26th.

There is still a good chance it could be twins again.

What were your hcg levels at 5 weeks on single pregnancy or multiple.

I get rechecked on Sunday, but I'm not worried about baby at this point, it's my 3rd and I know when something doesn't feel right and I still feel very much pregnant lol

It's more sharp pain in my left side but it starts right from under my rib to my groin it can lock up and be extremely painful:(

4 weeks 6 days with daughter hcg 18,762. Congrats and best of luck!

6 weeks 5 days is when i first got checked and my hcg was over 172,000... they thought it was twins but just one baby boy ❤️

Mine right at 5 wks was 5050. Saw a gestational sac and yolk sac, but as you know, we're still awaiting news

I went back for second bloods on Sunday and my levels went from 5550 to 9000 something, they wasn't worried as they said it has practically doubled, they also said my progesterone was 57 and anything over 50 is really good? I don't know I just worry, does these sound okay?

Those numbers sound good to me mama! I’d have to look back at my progesterone but I believe it was 52

Those numbers sound good to me mama! I’d have to look back at my progesterone but I believe it was 52

Thanks honey, I believe pregnancy is going well, I'm around 6+2 today and nausea is at its worst, and I feel ms is around the corner, and sickness is my way of knowing baby is okay, I was quite surprised at the progesterone level, the doctor I spoke to said up to 47 is considered really good, but when I've done a bit of googling, higher than average progesterone can also Indicate twins? I'm still fully convinced its twins hahaha I remember my daughters hcg levels was around the same as I am now in the 1000s but my sons was in the 100,000s I'm wondering if hcg in my body indicates what sex the baby will be, maybe this is a girl, or twin girls, I don't know it's probably just one baby but as twins are common in my family, I'm just convinced my 3rd and last pregnancy is going to be multiples xD

They don't do blood level HCG here but I've kind of learnt alot about it from other ladies and ure numbers sound fantastic. I was convinced I was having twins because I was pretty big by 5 weeks like actually showing. But I've had 2 scans and only 1 active little baby.
Also my tests were stealing all the dye out of the control line and that made me think twins.
Not long till ure scan now hon and I can not wait to see pics.
My sickness comes and goes. Some days I don't feel sick at all and other days i feel awful. So doing worry if the sickness settles because its totally normal for symptoms to come and go and come back again. Sounds like ure moving along nicely hon I'm excited for you

Reactions: HLx
They don't do blood level HCG here but I've kind of learnt alot about it from other ladies and ure numbers sound fantastic. I was convinced I was having twins because I was pretty big by 5 weeks like actually showing. But I've had 2 scans and only 1 active little baby.
Also my tests were stealing all the dye out of the control line and that made me think twins.
Not long till ure scan now hon and I can not wait to see pics.
My sickness comes and goes. Some days I don't feel sick at all and other days i feel awful. So doing worry if the sickness settles because its totally normal for symptoms to come and go and come back again. Sounds like ure moving along nicely hon I'm excited for you
Thanks my love. I've just opened a new thread about progesterone as I bloody worry!!! A week today can't come quick enough for my scan. I'll be 7+2 will I be able to see anything? I can't really remember what I saw on my early scans with my 2 other babies

& I'm actually showing too! I wake up in the morning and my bump is still obviously there and my usual Jean's don't fit me anymore already and I'm only 6 weeks!!!

Hey hun, I just checked back at my progesterone, it was only 51! And no one was even slightly concerned. My fam doc said I COULD (which I opted not to) do progesterone suppositories if I felt absolutely necessary but he got a second opinion and said my numbers were perfectly fine! And as you can see, we’re now past 16 weeks with a very healthy, active baby girl :)

Hey hun, I just checked back at my progesterone, it was only 51! And no one was even slightly concerned. My fam doc said I COULD (which I opted not to) do progesterone suppositories if I felt absolutely necessary but he got a second opinion and said my numbers were perfectly fine! And as you can see, we’re now past 16 weeks with a very healthy, active baby girl :)

That fantastic hun! Hopefully with mine being 57 it means baby is growing correctly! It's my partner's first baby and I'd be devastated for him if something happened. I'd be devastated too obviously but because it's his first I want him to enjoy every moment of this and to not go through the heartache of losing a child xx

Right with you!! This is my OH’s first as well. He was afraid to get excited in the beginning but now he’s beside himself with excitement. It makes this pregnancy extra special being as it’s my last :) I’m sure your bean will be just fine too! Try to relax and enjoy

Right with you!! This is my OH’s first as well. He was afraid to get excited in the beginning but now he’s beside himself with excitement. It makes this pregnancy extra special being as it’s my last :) I’m sure your bean will be just fine too! Try to relax and enjoy

I'm in exactly the same position! I have 2 from a previous relationship who my partner adores and his ex couldn't have children so for him to even process the fact he's gonna be a dad is like non existent right now hahaha he doesn't believe it at all! He only wants one baby and I don't want any more than 3 my life is hectic enough as it is lol!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->