HCG level and bleeding question

eris

Reaction score
Hi ladies, so I got my BFP last week and Friday went in for progesterone and hCG level testing. My levels were 60 for my hCG and 16 for my progesterone. Dr for some reason didn't order another set of tests until I went in to see her today.

Except today I started spotting. So she ordered another set of testing. My hCG levels came back at 436. I won't get the progesterone level till tomorrow since they have to send that out.

Anyway, what is the probability of having levels go up like that and then miscarry?

Not sure. Your levels did more than double, so that's good. I spotted and bled for the first 10 weeks with my son. While bleeding is common, it's not considered normal, but many times things do end up okay. There's no way really to tell though this early. You asked about the probability of miscarrying, and IIRC I've read it's 50/50 when spotting or bleeding happens...but I don't remember wher I read that so I'm not sure if that's accurate. Fx for you. So many women spot and have everything turn out great. I'd try to rest a bit if you can.

Thanks Jellybean, the spotting seems to have tapered off for the moment. I'm just trying to take it easy and not become too anxious over it.

My doctor told me that the levels should double every 24 hours and I sat there thinking, that's not right! It's supposed to be every 48 to 72 hours. She told me she expected my numbers to be somewhere in the 400 range, but 300 was even okay. So she's not concerned about that. She did tell me to let them know if the bleeding became heavier.

HCG can still rise even if a pregnancy is not viable. It all depends whether or not your body recognizes a non-viable pregnancy.

My first pregnancy was a chemical and my HCG did not rise. My second was a missed miscarriage and my levels rose normally. At 8 weeks my HCG was 56,800 and my progesterone was 27 - both perfect. The pregnancy just was not healthy

This time around my pregnancy is doing fine. I only had my HCG tested the first day I found out I was pregnant and two days later. After that it did not matter since I do know that HCG is not a guarantee either way. I was more calm by not having my blood drawn and do not even know my progesterone this time.

Most likely you and your baby are fine. Do your best to think positively and to not worry unless you have to (easier said than done, I know). If you have spotting lay down with your feet up and rest. With spotting, once you are past 4 weeks, you can demand a scan as well so you know there is a sac and it's in the right place. That is the most calming thing you can do.

That happened with my MC from last fall. Though my levels rose slowly it was clear from scans early on that something was wrong.

I still have some very light spotting that is very intermittent, but I'm just relaxing. I have to believe everything will be okay because otherwise I will be a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->