HCG level slowing down?

sunnycoastmum

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here - this is my first pregnancy and my husband and I have been TTC for 7mths so we're very excited.

My LMP was 5th May. Tested positive at home on 9th June and of course booked a doc appointment

He then sent me off for Bloods and an U/S because I had light cramping and spotting so he was worried. LMP put me at 5 weeks then but U/S only showed what looked to be VERY early pregnancy with a small implant site so closer to 3-4 weeks?

Anyway HCG levels have been rising, but were originally increasing much faster and seem to have slowed down :( Cramping and spotting continued and i've been to hospital twice for checks. They did an internal exam and found a lot of blood/clots but cervix was closed and all looked ok - no danger signs. Cramping has gotten better since i've been off work and spotting has changed from red to brown (TMI sorry ). If it helps the cramping seems to be mostly oviary pain rather than traditional cramps?

HCG levels by date :

9th June - 150
10th June - 270
11th June - 480
13th June - 805

I have another test every two days and another U/S scheduled for Friday this week, so fingers crossed but has anyone else had their HCG levels slow down so early with cramping and spotting? They're now doubling only every 52 hours rather than just over 24. Would love to hear happy outcomes or know if i should start preparing for the worst!

Hcg only needs to double every 48-72 hours. And as it rises it takes longer to double. Your betas look good. Have they checked your progesterone level? If not have that done pronto. Low progesterone can make you cramp and bleed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->