Hcg levels and twins

Laeyla

Reaction score
Hi all!
I am expecting baby #3. I have my first ultrasound tomorrow I'm 5 weeks 4 days. I am kinda freaking out tonight haha because I've never had an ultrasound this early and am wondering why he ordered it (I've yet to see him in his office). I had bloodwork done 14 dpo and my hcg levels was 124. Had it done again 20 dpo and it was 1535. Now I've read that this can be high and indicate twins? Lol thoughts???
I'm kinda nervous we won't see much tomorrow either.

You could be just doubling faster I don't know if i would if I'd think u were having twins

Hi! Congrats! You can ever really guess twins based on hcg. I find that it's more doubling speed than number. Your doubling speed is about 39.67 hours (woohoo!). But what I noticed with my losses, my vanishing twin my doubling speed was 20-30 hours while my singletons were all over 30 hours, much closer to 40-50 hours. The fact that I tripled in 48 hours, my gyn immediately suggested I might have a twin pregnancy but only an ultrasound would confirm. And when there was a second sac found she said she was not surprised by the vanishing twin because of how quickly my levels rose. So if I was basing it on your doubling speed alone, I'd say twins aren't likely BUT you never know til they show. Gl and hf at your scan!

ETA at 11dpo I was 43hcg with the twins and 13dpo (28 hours to double) was 137. at 20dpo I was 4751 (32 hours to double)

This pregnancy (always single) I was 13dpo 147 and 15dpo 397 so doubling 33h. But no more betas until 24dpo when I was 15902, doubling 42h

2013: cd 33 was 67 and cd 39 was 1350 (wasn't tracking O) so 33h. I had an ovarian cyst so my O was delayed that cycle/ my cycles were unpredictable. Based on intercourse and doubling I would think cd 33 was 13dpo. The only other BD would put cd33 as 6dpo and we used protection

I didn't store the other two but I distinctly remember my early betas coming back around 48-50 hours

Completely agree with Dobbs here!
My hcg is always high and doubles fast. My hcg with the twins was high but doubled VERY FAST (21 hour doubling time) and yet with this pregnancy singleton) my hcg was even higher and doubled I think at 23 hours and I fully expected twins again but nope just the one!!

You never really can tell with betas, good luck at your scan!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->