hcg levels normal??

bjbuchanan

Reaction score
So my partner and I are TTC for the first time and to our surprise we got a positive result on the hpt. Went into the dr to get blood work done after the missed period and everything came back fairly normal with the exception of my hcg levels. Since then we have had 2 additional blood tests done to track the hcg levels which they are saying are low but not out of the acceptable range...yet. Now we are going in for a fourth round in a few days. This is our first time on everything and so we don't really know what we're doing or if things are too far out of the norm. Hoping anyone can provide insight as we know the actual date of conception.

Here's where we are at...
Last missed period - June 22nd
Cycle length - 28 days
Positive ovulation (with test) - July 7th
Insemination attempt - July 7th
Positive hpt - July 19th
Missed Period - July 21st

Then we did 3 blood works and the hcg trended as follows
187 - July 25th Wednesday
330 - July 27th Friday
580 - July 31st Tuesday

We were really hoping that the July 31st test was higher and now we are going in again on Friday August 3 for another round. Everything I've read says that we should be doubling and we just aren't We are not considered high risk but I cant help being nervous.

Has anyone had similar levels?
I'm not even sure what/where that puts us in terms of how far along I am when looking at the hcg level standards.

We've been told that we might be too eager as most women (they mean straight women) dont even usually know they are pregnant this early. Any other female couples out there experience low trending levels early on and freak out?

I never really knew to much about my Hcg levels when we were trying luckily it worked first time for us. My only advice is to relax about it, it will happen.
If I knew about it I probably would have stressed myself out lol:flower:

Good luck and fairy dust to you! x

Thanks I appreciate the response!

We go in tomorrow for another test and Im hoping that its higher!

The tests came back and hcg went down. We go in on Monday to find out more. :(

The tests came back and hcg went down. We go in on Monday to find out more. :(

sorry to hear the hcg went down, most doctors dont do the whole testing for hcg so early due to the risk of (i hate this term) chemical pregnancies, those who are trying to conceive gay, straight whatever well we all test as soon as we can as we just cant wait! there are so many people who have these chemical pregnancies and dont even know it as they didnt test or wernt even trying that some docs just dont want to get your hopes up.

you had a positive test just 12 dpo.. thats very early, it can take a whilst for hcg to go down after a chemical and this can cause the missed or even late period, im sorry but i think thats what has happened unfortunately.

please dont be disheartened i think we had one on our first attempt to, it will happen, good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->