Hcg levels ?? Twins ?

babymoma89

Reaction score
Does anyone have an knowledge of Hcg levels ? Is there a way to tell if it's twins before and ultrasound ? I had my 5 week hcg blood draw and my numbers were 3743. I have a feeling I'm having more than one baby and just curious if that's a high count and maybe I'm not losing my mind ?

my thoughts I showed positive really early on a test which never happens for me.I'm super moody and tired and not to mention starving all the time. None of which was like with my daughter.

It’s not an exact science, but when I had vanishing twin my hcg doubled every 27 hours. I had a bump buddy who was expecting twins, and her hcg doubled every 24 hours. Met a few others as well who doubled nearly daily and had twins. But I’ve seen twins who doubled regularly or people who doubled fast and didn’t have twins.

re early line, it just boils down to when you implant. There was a user on here who got a crazy strong bfp at confirmed 6dpo, but it was just one baby.

I don’t usually have draws in week 5. Or I didn’t jot them down. But DS was around 397 at 4w1d then 15,901 at 5w3d. I forget his doubling speed but it was between 30-40. My vanishing twin was 43 at 3w4d, 137 at 3w6d, 4,751 at 4w6d, and 60,312 at 6w2d. Second sac never developed though some techs thought they saw something in it while others didn’t. Either way, didn’t end up being a viable pregnancy overall.

def update though! Are you hoping for multiples?

It’s not an exact science, but when I had vanishing twin my hcg doubled every 27 hours. I had a bump buddy who was expecting twins, and her hcg doubled every 24 hours. Met a few others as well who doubled nearly daily and had twins. But I’ve seen twins who doubled regularly or people who doubled fast and didn’t have twins.

re early line, it just boils down to when you implant. There was a user on here who got a crazy strong bfp at confirmed 6dpo, but it was just one baby.

I don’t usually have draws in week 5. Or I didn’t jot them down. But DS was around 397 at 4w1d then 15,901 at 5w3d. I forget his doubling speed but it was between 30-40. My vanishing twin was 43 at 3w4d, 137 at 3w6d, 4,751 at 4w6d, and 60,312 at 6w2d. Second sac never developed though some techs thought they saw something in it while others didn’t. Either way, didn’t end up being a viable pregnancy overall.

def update though! Are you hoping for multiples?
We did our third round of clomid this cycle and both have twins in our families so it would be totally okay with me as this is gonna be my last one. Lol I guess I just need a reasoning for this extreme hunger ‍♀️

You're so funny. I'm pretty sure pregnant period is justification for hunger ;) Ohhhh I have heard of clomid twins and if it's in both fams. That'd be super fun! My brothers are twins. It's really neat. Definitely update though once you know!

I can't remember now where I found it, but when I was newly pregnant with my twins (now three) I went down the rabbit hole of looking up HCG numbers for singletons vs multiples.
While as Dobby said it is far from an exact science, and it may we'll be the fact that more people reporting their hcg numbers to the site in question were doing so *because* they were having twins (and people not having multiples would be less likely to report their data resulting in an incomplete picture), the site in question did graph probability of multiples based off hcg numbers (in other words, hcg within a certain range might go either way, because the normal range for singletons is so broad, but after a certain point, the probability of multiples increases heavily. It would be more accurately plotted on a curve, but they ended up putting it into blocks. If it's within this range, 50% change, if within this higher range, 75% chance, and so on.
Again, I can't remember the details now, but my hcg was within a range that put me in a very high probability of twins category (and a higher chance of it being triplets than singleton), and I was indeed having twins.

PS the site is betabase. I did take the time to Google it, but not to look up the specific probability chart I was speaking about.

PS the site is betabase. I did take the time to Google it, but not to look up the specific probability chart I was speaking about.

Ohhh thank you I'm gonna check that out . I'm anxiously waiting for that first ultrasound appt !!

A lady on here said she got a 3+ on a CB digital at 13dpo and that was the first hint it was twins.
I mean I don't get a 3+ untill I'm 5 weeks pregnant and 3+ means ure 5 or more weeke. And she got at 13 dpo so b4 4 weeks lol.
She had twin girls.
They say some womon just know there having twins.
I did think my last 2 pregnancies were twins esp with my 2 year old because my tests were so dark at 11dpo.
Me and DH have 2 sets of twins in our families.

We're going to be ttc our last baby in April and I'm a bit nervous it will be twins lol. Esp me being a older lady. I'm nearly 42 in just over a week so that will put me at more risk.
I must be crazy lol:rofl:

Last edited:
A lady on here said she got a 3+ on a CB digital at 13dpo and that was the hint it was twins.
I mean I don't get a 3+ untill I'm 5 weeks pregnant and 3+ means ure 5 or more weeke. And she got at 13 dpo so b4 4 weeks lol.
She had twin girls.
They say some womon just know there having twins.
I did think my last 2 pregnancies were twins esp with my 2 year old because my tests were so dark at 11dpo.
Me and DH have 2 sets of twins in our families.

We're going to be ttc our last baby in April and I'm a bit nervous it will be twins lol. Esp me being a older lady. I'm nearly 42 in just over a week so that will put me at more risk.
I must be crazy lol:rofl:

The more the merrier I say !! \\:D/ I'm so excited and anxious for my scan .... 8 more days . I've got a strong feeling it's twins , but either way I'll be happy for a healthy little bean. This is more than likely going to be my last one and really hoping for a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->