HCG post MC Q? - comment please

wantthatbump

Reaction score
Hello all, I had a miscarriage last week, I was 6wks past LMP, the EPU did an internal scan last wednesday (so 8 days ago), they couldnt find a pregnancy in the womb, i had been spotting since the weekend before, which developed into a heavy-ish five day period.

My HCG level was 36, so myself and the EPU determined it was a miscarriage.

They called me yesterday and asked if i'd done a test to confirm (i'd totally forgotten, and had been getting on TTC). I just nipped out at lunch bought and took a test which came up positive right away, quicker and darker than it did when i was testing in the two weeks before the miscarriage. just to add a bit of drama! :shrug:

Anyway i feel fine, no pain etc, but the EPU want me back in for more bloods and scan.

My question to you very knowlegable ladies is when would the HCG of 36 drop to 0, I assumed within a couple of days, can it really take longer than 8 days? x

Is it possible that the reason they saw nothing was cuz it was too early? Maybe you O later then you thought and you are actually pg?

But that aside, HCG levels can kind of bounce around up and down as they are dropping. Some women take 6-8 weeks for it to clear their system. For me I dont know when it dropped but 2 days before my d&c at 16+4 my HCG was 4000. Two days later had the d&C and two weeks and six days later I did a HPT and it was negative :shrug: It is different for each woman. :hugs:

they said that was an option, that it was too early to see anything. but once the HCG came back they said it does look like a miscarriage.

I had a mcg a week ago Sunday. Hcg was 26 Monday and 1.5 this Monday. It goes down slower then it went up.

got my pregnancy confirmed last friday, being 6 weeks. hcg leverl were perfect. tuesday at 5 pm i started bleeding and my hcg was 8!!
i am supposed to come back monday to make sure my level is back to 0, once it is to 0 we will count that day as the first day of my last montly period.

you all sound so strong. i just got the call about 2 hours ago that my hcg numbers had dipped to 33.1. i'm a mess, i feel fine and still have all my preg sysmptoms, i just want to have a fresh start but the doctor said it could take a week or more for my body to do anything on it's own.

:hugs: hun, I had the same thing over Christmas, HCG levels generally don't drop until you bleed (well that's what happened with me anyway) xx

I was 5w3 days , started to bleed,06/12 went to the ER the HCG was 55. They did a pelvic exam and an US and saw nothing. I was positive about my dates. The next day the HCG was 48 06/13. On 06/19 I took a HPT and it was negative. I redrew my HCG Wed the 22nd and it was still at 15. I am going to see the OB Wed the 29th. I thought for sure after the neg HPT and waiting like 9 days after the last HCG at 48 it would at least below 5, but nope, 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->