HCG rising (very slowly) after miscarriage. Ectopic?? Help!

HaileysMommy1

TTC baby #3!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

On November 9 I went to the ER for bleeding and was told I'd had a miscarriage. I've taken several blood draws since then to make sure my HCG goes down to 0, and they are as follows:

Nov. 9 - 5
Nov. 12 - 7
Nov. 14 - 6
Nov. 19 - 29
Nov. 21 (today) - 33

What is going on?? I've also been taking hpts throughout this whole process and they've been super light, but then all the sudden last night I got a much darker line and my first positive digi. I'm SO confused! Does this sound like an ectopic?? I'm going back to get another blood draw Friday, but there's no way numbers this low are a viable pregnancy..

It could definitely be ectopic, did they do an U/S while you were in the ER?

Yes they did an ultrasound and said that it wasn't ectopic. But now I'm starting to think it may have been too early? I would've only been about 4 weeks..

I totally think it could have been just too early to tell. I would get it checked out ASAP. Or maybe it's retained tissue?? Ive read on other threads that women had MCs but then had slowly rising HCG afterwards because not all of the tissue had been released and it was causing their bodies to keep making the hormone. I think either way a trip to the Dr is in order. And definitely another U/S

I have another appointment for another beta for this Friday. But then I'll have to wait the whole weekend for the results. And it's driving me sick with worry. First I think I'm miscarrying, then I think there's a chance, then I don't know what to think.. I was scared of that, that levels could RISE from retained tissue. Thanks so much for the help!

I've been following one of your other threads and am sorry to see you in this section. I have had hcg rise during a miscarriage from retained tissue. I had a blighted ovum discovered at 7 weeks, while miscarrying naturally my hormone levels dropped until about 11 weeks when my levels went up. Ultrasound revealed retained and growing tissue, I had a d&c to remove it. It is my understanding that you cannot have pregnancy tissue in your uterus unless you have a gestational sac. Without the gestational sac, it is a thickened endometrial lining (the uterus' residual effect of hcg in your system). I may be wrong about this, but this is what I have been told by my drs.

My current miscarriage is a suspected ectopic. Ultrasound found no uterine sac, but also nothing in my tubes/ovaries. My hormone levels have increased but my last few draws have been 715, 747, 796, 795 (approx 2-3 days apart). Increasing, but not doubling. I just had the shot to end the pregnancy yesterday and will continue with blood draws to ensure my hcg levels are dropping. I don't know if this is what is happening for you, but wanted to share my experiences as I've had both situations in my two losses.

Again I'm so sorry for this roller coaster ride you've been on. I hope you get some closure soon. :hugs:

Thank you so much for responding 01k! Your story does sound a lot like mine, especially in that your levels rose but extremely slow. It's so weird that retained tissue can make your levels go UP. I am also pretty worried about an ectopic still, especially because its dangerous, and I won't be having another ultrasound for another week at least.

I'm so sorry to ear about your recent loss :hugs: it is so hard to go through but I'm glad we all have each other in here to talk to! FX tightly for you next round, thank you again for sharing!

First id like to say sorry your all going thru this.. Im in the same boat right now slow rising hgc. My dr diagnoised me last fridat with complete miscarriage and checked me and said i only had old blood in there but i knew that wasnt the case. So yesterday i had anoyjer beta done to see if my levels were going back down and no thats not the case there slowly still rising ive never had something such antagonizing and drive me crazy before im tired of hearing im not sire wait a week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->