HCG strip test - what time of day to use?!

chimmi

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 4 days late for my period and just found a stack of HCG pregnancy tests the strips (ones that you dip in the pee)
I took 2(!) :dohh: half an hour ago and they are negative (its 8pm in UK here)
should I test again in the morning, or would they have been positive if they were going to be?!
Thanks!

:shrug:

I don't know but bumping because I am interested.....

Definitely test with FMU to make sure that the HCG is concentrated enough for a second line....

tried again with FMU and a stark white negative.. whats going on with me?! STILL no AF (5 days late now argh)

Fmu is the best for testing.
It's stronger and will show better than diluted pee when you've been up and about and had a drink

Ps I'd try a different brand in case it's a bad batch of dip tests?

I've decided to test everytime I pee as i had a packet of 50 of them (surely they are so cheap do they even work?)
no I'm not sure I ovulated - havent been tracking it since we have been referred for fertility tests (due to hubby low sperm count) I've been trying not to be so OTT about it, but I have to say in all the time since I was 13 (12 years ago) I have NEVER had a period this late, I have always tracked my periods ever since they started
I'm completely baffled; I havent really had my usual pre period symptoms (constipation, migraines, sore boobs) my boobs are now slightly sore - probs coz ive been squeezing them so much, but usually they are agony a few days before AF!
Is there any point going to the doctor about it? or is there no point as its so close to xmas i would feel silly going to doc as emergency for a late period...
could i have PCOS maybe?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->