He cracks me up...

MrsTurner2012

Reaction score
So after this https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/1882451-apparently-hes-not-ready.html

I had a talk with hubby when he got home from work about why he doesn't feel ready...

He said I've not told him what I need/want during labour etc...

So all those position guides i have sent him and me talking about what pain relief I wanted and i did not want were not me giving him info?

He said... You need to tell me the reason why you're telling me these things.

So I quizzed him..

How can you help me whilst I'm I labour? By not taking pictures of you whilst you're pushing and not tellin my friends if you poo yourself. (Cheers)

Why do I want a home birth? He said... So you can still do normal stuff like wash the dishes. I think he has misunderstood my comment 'so I'm not restricted like I would be in hospital. I can do anything I like at home' comment

What kind of pain relief do I want? Gas & air... Errrrm... Errrr (he thinks a bit longer) oh oh oh and that elevens machine!

ELEVENS MACHINE!

I was actually crying laughing. Then I started to cry a little! Knowing he is going to be THE worst birth partner EVER

Well hey, an ELEVENS machine has got to be better than a TENS machine, right? :haha:

(Thinking Spinal Tap here - "this one goes to 11!")

THIS is why I'm having my mum there too!!!!

THIS is why I'm having my mum there too!!!!

I said the exact same thing to him!

Once I'd stopped laughing/crying/cringing I said

'Christ I'm glad my mum is gonna be here too'

He doesn't do blood or anything... And has requested breaks during the labour but I have to give him permission from these breaks before I go into labour!

At least he's trying! My OH said I was daft to do a hospital bag as he could get my stuff together (like thats happening!), he thinks the midwife will send him home after visiting ours on the delivery suite (as in, while I'm pushing!!!!) and apparently newborn babies only do 1-2 nappies a day so I should only take 2 with me!

When I told him I may poop myself he thought I was joking... I had to show him how big 10cm was... he really is clueless! He thought a TENS machine was a pointless idea, and I should just "put up" with the pain. This from a man who gets manflu and thinks he's at deaths door!

Haha! Aren't men great...

We've had the hospital bag discussion and he's encouraged me to pack one just in case because he'd get everything wrong

I asked him what he'd pack? His reply was 'Dildo's'

I despair !

My fella thought he was going to get sent home when visiting times finish too.

Almost like its 'sorry love its 10pm you're on your own now'

As for the hospital bag he asked me to make sure that I put the iPad charger in there cos he didn't want it to run out while he was playing a game or watching a film!!!

MEN...what would we do without 'em??!

That is hilarious!! Least it won't get boring with him there :D

My hubby was more interested in eating and watching tv when we had our 2 yr old luckily I had my mum there!

MEN...what would we do without 'em??!

Well I'd not be able to post funny threads about him here!

And I wouldn't be getting my (hopefully) gorgeous son in a few months!

That is hilarious!! Least it won't get boring with him there :D

My hubby was more interested in eating and watching tv when we had our 2 yr old luckily I had my mum there!

I'm hoping maturity kicks in when labour does!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->