He did it!!!

XKatX

Reaction score
Oliver has ALWAYS hated tummy time. He would scream from the second we put him down. It is so bad, that I took advice from a HV, as he is starting to get a bit of a flat head. So she told us to try it with a rolled up towel under his armpits. He hated that too. But me and daddy ar very stubborn and kept making him do it 3 times a day. Only for a few seconds, so he didn't get too upset.
And today, he did it!!!:happydance: ALl of a sudden, he just stopped screaming, straightened his legs and lifted up his head!! He stayed there for ages, just chilling and looking at his new aspect to life!!
We were worried it would never happen, as he just kept trying to crawl, which doesn't really help in lifting his head! Just kept ending up in a ball with his legs tucked up and rolling onto his head!
Anyway, we are sooooo sproud of our little boy. We are going to celebrate by buying him some new toys to play with tomorrow.:happydance:

:wohoo: well done Oliver!! and by the sounds of it well done mummy and daddy!!! we too were rather stubborn about tummy time! lucky boy, hope he loves his new toys x x x

Yay thats brilliant. Rocco has always hated tummy time. Every time we put him on his tummy he rolls straight over onto his back again :rofl:

aww bless. I think babies have a natural side which they prefer to be on, and maybe olivers is his back. I know my son always wanted to be on his tummy. As soon as he could he'd turn over in his cot, and his face had to be up against something so he could sleep.

Well done Oliver! Such a clever boy! x

well done Oliver, i bought a play gym thing and it came with a tummy time cushion which is really good that goes under her chest, Annabelle loves being on her tummy and hates being on her back i may have to try your tactic and just keep trying it throughout the day

Lou
xxx

That is brilliant! I am going to try the towel trick as Lucas isn't too keen on his tummy either!

Well done Oliver and well done mummy and daddy for perservering x

well don to you all! I think i will try towels as Harry hates tumy time too.

Good job Oliver!! Renah does that too, tries to crawl but won't lift her head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->