He didn't sleep at all today!

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Josh woke up at his usual time for a feed this morning at 7am. Since then, he hasn't slept! I tried to swaddle him, put him on his swing, cuddle with him... Nothing works! He has been a bit cranky all day, thought he may have colics so I gave him colic syrup and put him skin on skin with me so he would get some warmth... He's still cranky and won't sleep!

Should I just leave him in his crib anyway ? let him cry for a bit until he falls asleep? I feel so bad when he cries... !

Thats tough but a wee bit of crying wont harm him in any way.

Babies have no facility in them to settle themselves therefore they have to learn it, if you have done all the usual milk, nappy, cuddle, burp, play then it wouldnt hurt to let him settle himself and it'll give you abit of time.

Is it hot where you are? Sometimes the heat can make them grumpy, if you think its this just make his room as cool as possible.

Thats tough but a wee bit of crying wont harm him in any way.

Babies have no facility in them to settle themselves therefore they have to learn it, if you have done all the usual milk, nappy, cuddle, burp, play then it wouldnt hurt to let him settle himself and it'll give you abit of time.

Is it hot where you are? Sometimes the heat can make them grumpy, if you think its this just make his room as cool as possible.

it's not that warm... temperature in the house is 21.5! I'm gonna let him cry a bit then... just break my heart!

aww hun :hugs: its hard but maybe it was just an off day for him :(

hope you get some proper rest soon, the newborn days are relentless :( very rewarding but very tiring..xx

Aww hope you get some rest soon. Babies have their up and down days like grown ups. He will settle soon. Perhaps he just wants to keep an eye on mommy.

Jess,

I'm so sorry your little man isn't sleeping... Have you ever heard of or read anything by Dr. Karp?

He wrote a great book on calming babies.

https://www.thehappiestbaby.com/

He's got sound science at the basis and is very compassionate in the technique. I used it on DD#1 and it worked wonders. I will be using it on DD#2 for sure if she has the same issues.

hope hes finally getting some sleep hun sometimes i have to leav Riley to cry cause hes so tired he just fights it i hate hearing him cry to but i tend to let him cry for a certain time then go back to him then a lil longer the next time etc etc then he seems to slowly drift off

I would recommend Dr. Karp's book too. I don't have children yet, but from reading it, it makes total sense!

What about driving him around? Sometimes when Noah is fussy I put him in his carseat and drive him around, usualy he will sleep awhile afterwards

What about driving him around? Sometimes when Noah is fussy I put him in his carseat and drive him around, usualy he will sleep awhile afterwards

Such a great idea, I'll try that... Josh is pretty curious, he loves when I carry him with the sling while I do house chores...

Thanks girls for your advices! He had an amazing night of sleep last night ... 5h without waking up!! Right now he's got so much energy... He's having a blast on his playmat.

awww glad you both had a better night :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->