He drives me nuts! (bit of a rant)

snettyb

Reaction score
I'm really hoping that someone can give me some advice! My 6 year old son is making me miserable. I am sick to death of repeating the same stuff every day i.e. fasten your coat, don't run across the road, shut your bedroom door, leave the dog/cat alone, put your jumper on! I know it sounds dead trivial but every day is like groundhog day and i dread getting out of bed coz i knows he's gonna be there ready to talk me to death as soon as i open my eyes, he seriousley never shuts up!!! Every day we walk our dog to his school and i want the dog to do her business, so the dog either lags behind or runs ahead a bit to get some privacy and every sodding day he shouts of her and every bloody day i give him 'the look' and he knows exactly what he's done coz i make him tell me and i once again say the same sodding sentence "leave the dog alone!!!!!!!" I ask him why i want him to leave the dog alone and he answers so she can go to the loo, so he knows damn well not to do it. I'm starting to think he does it on purpose just to pi$$ me off, and let me tell you he's doing a damn good job!! He asks almost daily if he can take one toy or another to school and i ask him what am i going to say and he will hang his head and say "no coz were not allowed to take toys to school" IF HE ALREADY KNOWS THIS THEN WHY BLOODY ASK!!
Also he tells lies, all the time and he's really bad at it too. He couldn't even lie straight in bed. He always gets caught out. Most of the lies are just trivial stuff but its not the point he should not tell lies to his mother. He has been told that if he's done something bad but tells the truth he will be in far less trouble than he would be if he lies. But.......he insists on telling lies. I have just about had enough of him and i don't know where to turn. I'm starting to really dislike him and i often think to myself what if my baby learns from him how to behave and is the same? (i'm 31 weeks pregnant) i really am at a loss and starting to feel so depressed.

Any advice would be great (sorry so long) xx

i often have to repeat the same things over and over again they just like to test ya patience, i would try to ignore it as much as you can and it sounds like he is doing it to see how much he can push you. maybe just try and concentrate on the good things he does and praise him, have you tried the naughty step or taking his toys away? i hope he gets better hun im sure we have all felt like you do sometime or another:hugs:

Thanks for the advice hun, i will try the ignoring technique. Earlier today when i picked him up from school he wouldn't take no for an answer on an issue so i put my foot down and wouldn't let him call on his friend. He was so shocked that i punished him and he apologised repeatedly until i told him that i apreciate he is sorry but i am standing firm and he is staying in today. I thought it might teach him that when i say something i mean it!! I love my little dude to bits i really do but i do get days when i don't like him much and i think being pregnant and tired i just find it hard to put up with his daftness and disobedience xx

It sounds to me like he is doing what you tell him not to do to get your attention. Being pregnant, you are probably giving him less attention than normal as you are focusing on yourself and the new little bundle you are soon bringing into this world. Also the pregnancy hormones are probably causing havoc making it harder just to ignore him.

Try making sure that you give him some of your time each day and make sure you praise the positive things he does so that he learns being good gets your attention.

My 5 year old son was and still from time-to-time is like this. Best advice is to ignore it because I find fueling the fire makes it worse.

I think it's a boy thing. LOL

i so know wot u mean i have a step son was has justed turned 8 he just like your son,he will lie about anything and never listens, i've started to take things off him when hes naughty and make him do things for me to get his toys back, taking his DS works a treat, i have a 6month old to and it has been very hard teaching him what he can and cant do to him, it will be hard but a few days of him loseing out on things and he might stop just keep telling him. when baby comes alone to keep him involed but make sure he know wot he cant do.

My step son used to be like that but I started taking things like his playstation, wii and psp away then add a day onto the time I'm keeping them every time he's bad and one off for when he's good and he soon stopped. Although currently he has had them all taken away and has another 14 days before he gets them back :rofl: as he's been taking complete hissys for the last week.

Thank you so much for your post, I'm in the same situation with my girls and it is such a relief to be able to share with others. I love them to bits but at the minute the I dread the time between when they wake and bed time. The attitude and temper that comes from Lauren at the moment is driving me insane, and Victoria is getting as bad. I used to do a reward chart for her which worked great combined with the naughty step, but my OH would never ever use it which completely undermined the whole thing. In the end I just thought 'why the hell do I bother' and gave up. I think I will be reinstating it again, maybe add a chart for OH too, god there as bad as children sometimes!:rofl:. I'm hoping that I can bring the tempers back under control before little one arrives.
I hope things calm down for you hon, you really should be taking it easy as best you can (easier said than done I know!) and enjoying little bump. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->