He fell and hit his head on concrete

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
Harvey was walking home from nursery with me,the same as he always does,he ran,fell over and smacked his head on the path :cry:

I rung the docs straight away,she called me back and said if he becomes very sleepy(he just fell asleep on the living room floor!),starts vomiting then I should call them back..is there anything else I should watch out for?He has a graze on his head from where he hit the floor,but other than that,he seems himself-apart from this falling asleep....

xxx

:hugs: If you're worried I'd be taking him to a&e honey!!

My LO fell and banged his head in the conservatory about 6 months ago. He threw up afterwards which wasn't like him and I didn't hesitate to take him in. Its seems he threw up from being so upset but I wanted to get him checked tbh. Most have childrens a&e now anyway and they kept us there for a few hours keeping an eye on him.

If its unusual for him to be falling asleep like that, I'd take him. If its normal then its up to you :thumbup:

One min he was on the floor playing with his building blocks,next min I asked if he was ok because he was quiet...Dean looked down and he was laying down asleep.He does keep waking up...and nodding off again.xx

My daughter fell and hit her chin this morning and then promptly threw up. I havent taken her doctors but keeping an eye on her and for anything that is out of the ordinary. She is a bit older than yours though (3yo) but you know your son and his habits and if you think anything is out of the ordinary ring or go to the doctors.
Phoebe threw up from the shock of it I think, we have all hit things and had a wave of nausea afterwards. But she is having an close eye on her at all times for today x

One min he was on the floor playing with his building blocks,next min I asked if he was ok because he was quiet...Dean looked down and he was laying down asleep.He does keep waking up...and nodding off again.xx

Just seen this, does he normally sleep like this? I think I would ring the doctors to give yourself peace of mind if he is dozing off. My daughter is her usual self but if she kept dozing like this I would at least ring :hugs:

Usually he needs cuddles before he can settle...I think I'm going to call them back.xx

I know it is quite common actually for them to be sleepy or want to sleep after hitting their head, but if it were me, a fall on concrete alone may prompt me to want A&E to have a look.

Back when I was a kid, they would always advise not to allow children to fall asleep after bumping their heads, but now they say it helps them recoup a bit. Still, outside the house I'd play it safe and have LO checked out.

Just back from the docs,she said he was alert and his pupils were responding as normal..he was very sleepy,even in the docs room.
She said if we need to call them back within the next 24 hours someone will see him.He is drinking his milk at the mo,and seems a bit more awake.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->