He self settled!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Thurinius, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Thurinius

Thurinius Well-Known Member

:thumbup:
    My LO has always been a nightmare to get to nap or to get to sleep at night. It had involved much rocking and singing and up and down the stairs.
    Bearing in mind I'm going back to work tomorrow (sob) and my Mum is looking after him and though she credits LO with removing her bingo wings she's not strong enough to rock him for 20 minutes, I started putting LO down wide awake, putting music on and then leaving him. Resisting the urge to turn on the baby monitor until 7 minutes are up.
    Result - yesterday and today I've put him down for naps and he's settled himself down. HURRAH!

2. minibeast

minibeast Well-Known Member

great you've bought a little baby into the world then taught him no-one will answer his cries nice one

3. purapura

purapura Well-Known Member

How old is your LO? Also do u use a dummy? Congratulations by the way... It's great!

4. Thurinius

Gosh, that's a little harsh isn't it?
    He's 11 months by the way and I can hear from downstairs if he's screaming rather than just making frustrated grunting.

5. ginny

ginny Well-Known Member

Words fail me! Whether or not you agree with this, there are much nicer ways of stating your opinion

6. Ozzieshunni

Ozzieshunni Guest

Wow :nope:

FYI: CIO is not recommended before 6 months. Her LO is 11 months. I think 7 minutes is not that bad.

Congrats OP! :)

7. purapura

purapura Well-Known Member

Grrr... I was hoping you'll say he is 6-7 month old... I want my boy to Selfsettle!!! Although I don't do anything about it... :)

8. Thurinius

For the record I'm not leaving him for 7 minutes crying. I'm leaving him 7 minutes to see if the 10 minute mobile music is settling him. I'm turning off the monitor because I get obsessed by thinking about what time I want him to go to bed and how he should be napping now to get to bed by that time and then I rush up there and try and hurry him to nap by rocking when, as shown, he can settle himself given a relaxing atmosphere.

9. Tor

Tor Mummy of 2

That was ridiculously harsh!

OP I'm glad you've got your LO sorted in time for going back to work :thumbup:

10. ginny

ginny Well-Known Member

I can totally relate to that, I think your LO has done a great job, and you too xx

11. Thurinius

I have started using a dummy, it seemed to help when he was teething badly and now it definitely helps to get him to bed.

12. Thurinius

Thanks. I was not expecting to have such bile thrown at me for what I thought was a success!

13. iwanababybump

iwanababybump Mum to Jamie- due inApril

That is really harsh well done for helping ur LO to self settle without leaving him to scream my LO is only 15 weeks and when put down he makes grunting noises so I will leave him to grunt and talk to himself and be will then self settle I don't leave him if be cries though I will go straight in but doing see that harm in leaving him to talk to himself x x

14. HungryHippo

HungryHippo Domestic Engineer

Well done! I love those moments where you feel so victorious! :) Mine are when LO naps for longer than 30 min. Baby steps!

15. Tiff

Tiff LIKE A BOSS

That was incredibly rude and uncalled for. If you don't have anything constructive to say to the OP then I highly suggest you do not post in this thread.

16. tootyfruity

tootyfruity Well-Known Member

The OP didn't even say if she left him to cry or not!

17. XJessicaX

XJessicaX mum to two girls!

a bit rude..no? I dont belive in self soothing that requires control crying, but we dont necessarily know this was the case, nor do we know the poster so a comment like that is unfair.

18. xcharx

xcharx Well-Known Member

RUDE :growlmad:

Lol send your LO my way please,I need to get rid of my bingo wings :haha:
    Well done to both of you though x

19. KatieB

KatieB Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: so very unnecessary.

OP, glad to see your LO is settling well and hope your first day back at work goes ok x