He sure is a mischievous ELF! (Elf on the Shelf - pics please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
I would love to see pics from now until Christmas of the creative places your Elf on a Shelf is found hiding!!

When does your child's elf usually arrive from the North Pole??

I think ours may be arriving on Thanksgiving!! :happydance:

Let's keep this going - post pics!!!

Dec first and she brings with her the advent calendars.

I'd also love to hear what your children have named their Elf on a Shelf --

My son named his Nevan. (no idea why! haha)

Hubby named ours Carlos lol!

He arrives on Dec 1.

Ours is Holly (original hey!) and she'll arrive on the 1st bringing the kids christmas bedding and advent calendars xx
Edited to say 1st not 21st....doh lol x

We have peppermint and plum- and they arrive on the 1st bringing her calendars x

Our elf comes on 1st December, bringing the advent stockings (assuming I've finished making them!). Last year we had Errol (I named him, as Hayden was too young) but he wasn't really robust enough and bits fell off him (nothing crucial, just bobbles and things) so I have crocheted a new one, although I'm not quite happy with him. Still want to call him Errol, as I can't think of another name I like so much, but Hayden will know it's not the same one and probably tell me 'that's not Errol'! Beware of having him arrive too early, as I started to feel like I was running out of good ideas after a while. It's a good idea to make a list and write things down as you think of them (or steal them from other people on here!)

Great names! I especially like Peppermint! :thumbup:

Good point Shambaby! I don't want to run out of ideas!! Hopefully I can steal some good ones from all of you!! :winkwink:

We named our Bernard Wynters :) He arrives in the 1st Dec. I agree with sham baby don't bring him to early as I often got a couple of day towards the middle/end of the month where I was searching for ideas :D

I might get ours to just hide in silly places more this year as DS will be able to search for him and with a newborn I might be struggling ....

If you google 'Christmas elf' or ' elf on the shelf' you will get some sites with ideas for things to do (on my phone now so can't post links). Think I'm going to try the pants on the Christmas tree this year - think Hayden will find it really funny!

Ours is called Tinsel and will also arrive 1st Dec and will bring advent calendar and "North Pole" breakfast!! CANNOT wait!!! :xmas16:

Can't wait to buy another one next year when LO arrives, might need to go woth Peppermint for that one, fab elfy name!!

:xmas8:

Shambaby - What is the pants on the xmas tree??

Sal8 - What is a North Pole Breakfast??

i just posted a thread similar :)

our elf is named "heenkle" lol :D

he comes out the weekend after our thanksgiving. him bringing a north pole breakfast is such a great idea!

Just exactly what it says - the elf steals the child's pants (underwear, not trousers!) and possibly socks, and hangs them on the Christmas tree. Beware - a friend did this with her elf and her slightly older daughter (think she was about 7) was absolutely mortified and didn't see the funny side at all. Hayden, however, was amused for ages this morning when I put his pants on his head, so I think he will appreciate the pants humour!

Also, I have bought the 'Father Christmas needs a wee' book, and thought maybe I would somehow perch the elf on the potty reading it :haha:

Just exactly what it says - the elf steals the child's pants (underwear, not trousers!) and possibly socks, and hangs them on the Christmas tree. Beware - a friend did this with her elf and her slightly older daughter (think she was about 7) was absolutely mortified and didn't see the funny side at all. Hayden, however, was amused for ages this morning when I put his pants on his head, so I think he will appreciate the pants humour!

Also, I have bought the 'Father Christmas needs a wee' book, and thought maybe I would somehow perch the elf on the potty reading it :haha:

That's a cute idea! :thumbup: Haha

Ours arrives on the 1st as well and is called peppermint (im assuming all the peppermints have the gund elves?lol) ours brings advent calendar Christmassy jumper and Christmassy dvds and books for the month of December.

:rofl: the pants in the tree! i'm ROLLING right now!!!! :haha: i'm SOOO doing this!! what a great idea. lol and the potty idea!! HAHA!! wow!!! :thumbup:

https://www.overthebigmoon.com/25-elf-on-the-shelf-ideas-that-take-under-5-mins/

Some cute ideas I just stumbled upon!

there are some great ideas on that, thank you!!! TP the tree is funny! replacing the stockings with undies...LMAO!!!!! :rofl: add that to putting them on the tree and DS will think his elf has an underwear obsession! LOL OMG all of them are great!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back