He wont go to bed !!! any advice plz

Jkelmum

Reaction score
Ethan will be 2 in 8 weeks and for the past 4 wks no matter how conistant i am with bedtime routine of bath milk and bed he wont go he keeps getting out of bed and coming downstairs he sneaks bk in the room and giggles this goes on for 2 hrs most nights in the end its me shouting at it and him crying himself to sleep:cry: I feel awful I just dont know what to do with him he as always gone to bed ok never slept much thru the night but always stayed in bed ...he is sleeping thru the night at last but i hate this constant battle at bedtimes any advice would be great
:hug:

I've only seen this on TV so I don't speak from experience, but I think the first time you say bedtime and take them back to bed, second time say bed in a sturn voice and take them back to bed, any times after that, avoid all contact apart from putting them in bed.

Not sure what age its for xx

My son went through exactly the same at that age and it was such a trying time. Just wanted to say that they will grow out of it and it wont last honestly. Only advice i have is try and stay calm and not give him a reaction when he comes out of his room. Sounds like he is after attention and although i know u dont mean to but even shouting at him is giving him a form of attention. Hope he settles better soon and u start having an easier time at bedtimes xx

If he is still having an afternoon nap, i would try and cut it out or have it as short as possible, so when it comes to bedtime, hes too tired to mess about.

And u could give him some books to read himself in bed, that might keep him in bed.

HTH x

Thanks everyone he is just at the stage where he does need a nap but very rarely has one so by 4pm he is mardy and tired i think maybe he is getting over tired and past it i will try not to speak to him and keep puttin him bk but running up and down stairs every 10 mins for 2 hrs knakers me out lol lets hope its stops b4 i get really heavley pregger

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->