He wont let me wind him!!

Sophie1205

TTC #2
Reaction score
Every feed time now is a nightmare with Leo lol. As son as you take the bottle out of his mouth he cries and cries and then when I try and wind him he starts screaming and kicking and moving around. So its impossible to try and wind him. He wont stop screaming until you put the bottle back in his mouth. And when I hold him against my chest to try and wind him he keeps headbutting me!! Any ideas why hes doing this??? He never used to. Its been going on for a few weeks now and its really starting to take its toll on me because no feed time is easy now.

x

Oliver would NEVER let me wind him over my shoulder. I used to have to sit him on my knee and lift him up a bit from under his arms. This must have been just the right movement as he would give out an enourmous belch!!

I try him on my knee but he kicks against my other leg and pushes himself backwards! Hes so difficult lol
x

Have you tried laying him face down across your knee and rubbing his back?

No, I'll try that on his next feed thanks. He tends to be sick a bit each time you wind him though so best watch the carpet and my jeans! lol

xx

tyler can sometimes be a pain aswell hun!! when he is i have to hold his head by his neck on my lap and hell push back and cry but i just keep at it and in the end he'll let me wind him xx

Brooke was the same and that was how i spotted her Reflux.

Does Leo do any of the follwing?

Her symptoms are:

Seems irritable after all/most feeds;
Appears to be in pain - stiffens her body, arches her back (sometimes) will yell out/cry in short bursts and we didn't know why;
Frequent hicups - sometimes quite nasty;
When she is laid flat, she sometimes sounds like she has liquid in her throat that she swollows back down;
When laid flat, she sometimes regurgitates a little of her milk (spits it out);
Sometimes brings milk back when she burps;
Very fidgety/restless in her sleep - makes grunting noises alot;
Her nose is often stuffy - easy to miss - only noticed when GP pointed it out.

Hi there, I dont have any xperience with reflux, or.... a lot of experience with ff!!! But when we do give gracie a bottle she tends to scream if we take it out of her mouth before she's finished! Can you postpone winding at all.... if you dare!

xxx

Brooke was the same and that was how i spotted her Reflux.

Does Leo do any of the follwing?

Her symptoms are:

Seems irritable after all/most feeds;
Appears to be in pain - stiffens her body, arches her back (sometimes) will yell out/cry in short bursts and we didn't know why;
Frequent hicups - sometimes quite nasty;
When she is laid flat, she sometimes sounds like she has liquid in her throat that she swollows back down;
When laid flat, she sometimes regurgitates a little of her milk (spits it out);
Sometimes brings milk back when she burps;
Very fidgety/restless in her sleep - makes grunting noises alot;
Her nose is often stuffy - easy to miss - only noticed when GP pointed it out.

yeah he has quite a few of those
Im worried now, I dont really understand what reflux is though?
Can someone help?
xx

Reflux is common hun and easily treated esspecially if caught sooner! The main one imo from Caitlin is constantly sick after each feed and discomfort! She was difficult to wind and gripe water always helped - we used it for monthssss.

Defo speak to HV if your baby has signs of reflux that were mentioned above.

thanks yeah i will do.
every feed time now is a nightmare, poor thing. Hopefully i can get it sorted

x

Niamh doesn't have relux, but does this at every feed. I have to wait until she's done BFing now or she'll scream if I try to wind her. She used to like being winded on my chest, but now will only be winded lying on her tummy on my knee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->