Head Circumference?

hexyewdancer

Mummy to Roman
Reaction score
Anyone know what the average head circumference is at birth?

My friend went for a scan last week and shes 36 weeks gone. Her LO has a head circumference of 39cm. When you actually get a tape measure and look, it is massive.

OMG im crapping myself. If my LO has a head that big then im just gonna die with pain.

Don't know, and don't wanna know! lol......

I had a scan at 36 weeks too, my baby's HC was 32.5cm which according to the graph in my notes is bang on average, and it would be expected to be 37cm by 40 weeks (i.e tomorrow!) I'm with you though, seems scarily big, I have NO idea how that is going to come out.

My friends baby was 3 days overdue and her head circumfrence was 35cm.. at my 34 week scan my babys was 30.4cm x

At my 34 week scan the head was bang on for dates, not sure about cms. I got a pic and the head looks really big!!!!!

have not had any scans since 20weeks but on my chart its right on the middle line, but dont they say babys skull bones are not fused together so therefore babys head gets kind of pushed together to come out easyer or was someone telling me Sh**t lol

I'm not sure about circumference but average diamater is 9.5cm which is why you have to dialate to 10cm before you are ready to push xx

Remember their skulls are soft and have like 2 plates which after birth knit together sooooo you wont be pushing out a solid 34cm head....it will be smaller.

Ok have I convinced myself or anyone else???

:rofl:

Emma.xx

Remember their skulls are soft and have like 2 plates which after birth knit together sooooo you wont be pushing out a solid 34cm head....it will be smaller.

Ok have I convinced myself or anyone else???

:rofl:

Emma.xx

Convinced me!!! :happydance:

thank god someone else has been told that i had started to think someone had just made it up for me lol

Mine were 33 and 32, 32cm at full term (7lb 4, 6lb 4 and 6lb 4 again) xxxxx

lol I'm not even gonna think about this one lol¬

I was told at prenatal class that the average newborns head is 30-35 cm. And yes, is is squishy.....or so I'm told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->