Head Control

EmSmith1980

4 plus 1 on the way
Reaction score
Anya is 7months actual/3months corrected and her head is still really wobbly. :shrug: She gets tummy time a few times every day, and hates every minute of it. If I sit her up on my knee she can only hold it up for a few seconds then lets it drop on to her chest. Her head seems so heavy. I'm starting to worry about it more and more. :sad2:

I am sure she will get stronger everyday and be able to hold her head up more and more but if you're worry hun talk to the doc, thats what they are there for xxx
ps she is beautiful xx

I would agree with Freddiesmum, speak to a doctor if you're worried, but she will get stronger and stronger as time goes on.

xx

Just a doc at my surgery or should I mention it to the community nurses and see what they say? Thank you for your advice. :) xx

do you have any appoitments with the nnu? you could ask them or phone them? if not im sure your gp could give you some advice, maybe some exercises for her to strengthen the muscles??
hope your well xxx

Yeah we have an appointment next month. The community nurse should coming out in the next few weeks so I'll maybe give her a call and see what she says first. Anya should see the physio at her appt next month as well. xx

If you are concerned then raise it with the community nurse. The fact she can hold her head for a few seconds is a good sign and she just probably needs to strengthen her neck muscles a bit.

If you lie down with your head raised on a few pillows and lie with anya on your chest and try to encourage her to lift her head to look at you talking etc. I used this a bit more for tummy time as quite a lot of babies hate being put on the floor for it. When I did put her on the floor I put a small rolled up towel under her to help. Not sure if this will be any use to you.

Try not to worry xxx

My LO still had a wobbly head at 3 months corrected - I was really worrying about it but she has good head control now, I think it does take premmies longer to get control - I think their heads are bigger compared to their bodies and heavier than term babies so it takes a bit longer. Just keep going with the tunny time and as 25weeker said do the lying down with LO on your chest, my LO didn't mind doing tummy time so much this way. Also at each nappy change I put her on her tum afterwards for a minute or two and talk to her and tickle her back to take her mind off the horror of tummy time.

Im the same, my LO still had a wobbly head at 3 months corrected and was only just starting to get control of it. As for tummy time, even at 9 months actual/6 corrected my LO is only just starting to be able to get her head up a wee bit whilst on her tummy and she cant keep it up for any length of time. They will just do things when they are ready. I also look at it as my LO's weight is between 0.4th and 2nd centile and her head is on the 50th centile so no wonder she is struggling to hold it up. If I was in those proportions I think I would struggle to hold mine up too.:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->