Headache & High BP...When to take action? *UPDATED*

amybe

Reaction score
Ok so I'm 35 weeks, My baby is breech (Not that that is probably relevant!), I have had my first headache of my life this evening so I checked my bp (I have an elec monitor as I had bp problems in early pregnancy!), Anyway my bp this evening is 141/95...The norm for me is around 120/80...I feel ok, Baby has been VERY active today but I just wandered how long I leave it till I seek advice, I had a little protein in my urine at my 34week check and I have my 36 week check on Thursday, Shall I just wait till then??..x

I would ring the dr ASAP. I had pre e and it's not fun. Get checked as it often comes on suddenly...

you should probably call them and describe what's going on.

however, your bp is not that high, they will just probably want to recheck it to see if it went down, and maybe do a blood test

good luck babe!

You need to contact your doctor ASAP and probably go ahead and go in to be checked.

I know it is only a couple of days away, but you might want to go ahead and call. Since you had protein in your urine at your last appointment, your bp is high, and you have a headache.. those are all symptoms of pre-e & they need to monitor you asap.

Thanks everyone, My bp this morning was 138/88...So it has come down a bit, The headache seems to have gone so I think I'll take it easy today and monitor it later or if I get another headache etc.. I will give them a call :) My hubby isn't home from work till 5pm and he has the car so I can't go anywhere till then anyway..x

Always get the slightest symptom of pre-eclampsia checked out right away. Even if it is just the start of it you would be surprised at just how bad it can get very quickly. I strongly advocate that people should always play the 'better safe than sorry' card with these symptoms! :flower:

Thanks, I agree :) I think I'll give the AAU a tinkle this afternoon, as I can't go anywhere till teatime anyway, and I'll keep checking my bp every few hours till then, I had high bp in the last week with my son who was born on his due date but never this early on...x

As someone who almost died from severe pre-e I would urge you to go to the hospital asap. I didn't feel hugely unwell but they said if I hadnt gone in neither of us would be here now

Oh god, How scary, Did you have a headache? Feel tired? Also do you remember your BP readings? I just took mine again and it is 133/92, Is that even considered high??..x

You don't have to have high bp for pre e if you usually have low bp your bp wouldn't go so high x

The bottom number should be under 90. Mine was 210/130 but it was so sudden thatit shocked us.i had a headache, swelling in my hands and feet and visual disturbance

High bp can also be caused by pain, stress, exercise, etc. Your bp seems to be coming down a little but I agree with the 'better be safe than sorry' philosophy.

Well after my bp reached 147/105 on my home monitor, I rang up and went in...My bp dropped when I got to hospital to 138/90, they found protien in my urine and said my hands looked swollen??...They took blood and said I am aneamic, which I have been on and off for years, and I need to take 3 ferrous sulphate a day, which makes me massively constipated but hey ho, I would like to feel better so I'll put up with it!!...They want me to go back on Thursday to the day ward for more tests due to the protien etc.. but so far all is ok and we found out on a scan that baby has turned head down :-D Yipeee!!..x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->