Headaches - any suggestions?

M

MegGriffin

Hi ladies,

I've been getting more pregnancy related headches recently, can ayone suggest any natural / non-medicine remedies to help them? I use that 4Head stuff which kind of works, but I still have a dull headache with it arrghh.

Wish I didnt have to work and could just chillout for my entire pregnancy!

Thank you x

OMG I have never experienced headaches like this!!!

I've been weak and have resolved to take paracetamol as absolutely nothing else seems to work :)

So I'll be interested in any tips too

I wish i was posting with advice but I too have been suffering headaches with no solution - been just trying to get lots of sleep and takign the odd paracetemol (which seems to do f all!)

Not much comfort but we're in this together ladies! :hugs:

Caffeine helps quite a bit and my OB said it's fine in moderation x

I ignore it as much as I can. When the pain gets too much I just take a paracetamol.

I find sometimes eating something sugary helps,so not sure if its caused by low blood sugar maybe?? I also have never had headaches like this- they are horrendous aren't they?

I had a mw apt yesterday,and she told me that i should always take a paracetemol if i had a bad headache, as if it doesnt go it could be being caused by high bp, and she said its important to know if thats the case. But, thats because my ankles had been a bit swollen too. Luckily my bp is always really low,so looks like its just another of those pregnancy things we have to put up with (as if there weren't enough already!) !! But she told me that high bp headaches feel very different to normal ones.

But interesting what babytimeee said about caffeine- im going to try that next time.

Hope we all find something that works, or at least helps!

i was suffering really badly with them up until a week or so ago, the only advise i was given was to up my fluid intake (even tho i was drinking tons anyway) I followed the advise and ive only had one headache since and that was on saturday. I try to avoid paracetamol or any medication really. a dark room helps!

Yes! I get the most terrible headaches as well. My doctor suggested a can of coke and tylenol every 6 hours. I also use a cold pack ad put it on my head and that makes it a lot better. The coke and cold pack helps A LOT!

I get DH to give me a nice head massage when i've got headache and it usually works coz my head goes all tingly and I forget about the pain!! :)

I second the dark room, can of icey cold coke, and up your intake on water.
Course, lots of times I just take some liquid extra strength Tylenol and it helps too, but I'm usually at work when I get mine (damn teenagers ordering frappuccino's...that blender gets pretty loud).

I'm suffering from headaches too :(

I just try to drink plenty of water and hope they go away..

Hiya

i have had horrendous headaches and migraines throughout pregnancy. GP told me if i need to i can take paracetomol as it doesn't cross the placenta so is safe. they also prescribed me co-codoaml if it gets really bad (as in i had 3 days of work lying in a dark room barely able to move!)

if they are bearable, i have found something warm on my face, either a warm flannel or steaming my face helps or a warm bath and the obvious thing of drinking loads and loads of water.

as someone else said, if you normally have caffeine and have stopped, sometimes they can be withdrawal headaches so try a small coffee or coke or something.

my midwife also said fresh air and a bit of exercise like a walk can help!

hope this is some sort of help!xx

Some of the headaches I've had have been down to sinus pain which is really common in pregnancy apparently and paracetamol doesn't help.

I use a hot steam inhaler like the one in the picture which has really really helped. I got one from a cheapy shop, think it only cost £1.99. Been a blessing!

Attachments

• steam.jpeg
    steam.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back