Headaches!

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
Does anyone else have these? I have had the worst headache the past few days. My first pregnancy I dont remember having any, but my second (ended in mc) I got them early on too. I am drinking loads of water because that usually helps, but it is not going away! Does anyone else get these and lnow how to get rid of them? I dont want to take pain killers. Thanks for any and all replies!

I don't have that this time yet, but I definitely did with my son. I found rubbing some peppermint oil in my hands and breathing it in deeply helped, and head massages! Cold wet rags helped, too.

A possible cause is if you were a caffeine drinker before and then cut it down or out of your diet. That's a really common cause for headaches. If it is the cause, they'll go away after a bit. If you went from some to cutting it out completely, you can try having just a bit and weaning yourself off it from there.

I've been getting these almost daily. Some days their tolerable others I'd shoot myself if I had a gun they hurt so much!

I've taken paracetamol on the odd occasion and on others I've been using a levomenthol head rub, it's called 4head in the UK not sure if it would be the same thing in Canada? I've also been using forehead cooling strips and trying to make sure I'm always well hydrated. I'm not sure what the cause of my headaches is but I've been having them for weeks!

Hope they disappear for you soon

Laughingduck - I wanted to pop in and saying congrats. I remember you from a TWW thread from your first pregnancy. So happy for you!

I have always struggled with headaches. The only other thing I can think of is keeping your blood sugar/insulin steady, in case that's having any effect. Eat regularly and stay away from processed foods and really sugary stuff. Hope it gets better.

SpringCrane I thought it was the caffeine last pregnancy, but have not cut down this one yet (actually today I had one cup of tea instead of two so starting the cut, but the headaches started before!). That is exactly what it feels like though, a bad caffeine headache. Im sorry to hear you have them too RainbowDrop, I hope yours go away soon too. I don't have one today yet, but it tends to start in the afternoon. Maybe there is something to the blood sugar theory AnnieMac. I dont eat processed food but do have honey in my tea so maybe I will cut back on yhe carbs and up the fats and proteins. I remember you too! Hoping to make it past the first trimester this time :)

Ive had them since the week after I found out like 5-6 weeks. Turns out I had a bad sinus infection but even after antibiotics I still get them a few times a week. Do you have allergies? What helps me is heat packs on my forehead and hot showers. I also have been taking Tylenol which OB said was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->