Headlice

Cracking the little buggers open becomes quite addictive though :rofl: or was that just me? :shy:
Snap , crack and Pop:rofl:
can't beat it well unless your child is infested then you ust wanna get the buggers out fast eh?

Dont know if someone has said this because ive not read all the replies yet :blush: (will in a min tho lol)

But my 3 kids have never had them despite them bringing home "head lice at the school" warning letters ever week and they all have lovely clean hair.

I put this down to the fact that i feed them Garlic bread one a week every week,
The lice bite and taste it in the blood and they don't like it so jump off again ;)

It works for dogs and cats to keep fleas away to xxxxx

Cracking the little buggers open becomes quite addictive though :rofl: or was that just me? :shy:

Eww!

I remember when my daughter's head was itching and I saw the first bug. I screamed. LOL

I have a weak stomach but sure had to forget about it after 3 weeks of dealing with the gross things.

:rofl: I am absolutely dreading this! I got them twice, I hated having treatments for it! Especially when the same girl gave me them TWICE :hissy:

I think we'd get nominated to be 'most disgusting' :rofl: pahhhh don't care :lol: now gimme a nit to crack:rofl:

just wanted to say the best treatment ever for this is real mayonise , not refridgerated . you can even add a little tea tree oil to it , put it all over the hair and put a tight bag and a shower cap on it over night , you will see the dead bugs fall out when rinsing , also for the eggs spray on some vinager it helps remove the glue , and make sure you go through hair daily for at least a week checking for any missed eggs . its best to do the mayo treatment again 5 days later. also im sure you know to clean all bedding and stuff . hope you get rid of the lil buggers . I ended up getting my son a mohawk last year to prevent him from getting bugs , I wish I could do the same with my girls , lol Ive warned my kids also to not get close to other kids or share brushes and stuff , when they were younger i would put their hair up in tight buns and put tons of aqua net hair spray in their hair , it worked they never got lice the whole time I did that.

My girls pick them up quite a lot from school i have found the only thing that really works for us is conditioner and combing through every night it damages the adult lice so they cant breed i tried all the lotions and potions on the market and they never seemed to work effectively also tying their hair up tight for school helps and a spray of hairspray my nanna told me to use vinegar never tried it yet dont know if it works as a repellant also my childs school excludes children if their parents dont take notice of the warning letters they send out the teachers tend to know which child in their class is walking alive and it should embarrass the parents into taking action to treat their kids head.

when i was at primary school we always had letter coming home and my hair was ever so long and thick :hissy:

Full marks worked for a while, tea tree did nothing and we had this nitcomb that was great **had batties in it and zapped the buggers** but in the end because the same people never did anything about it** here comes the bit that i cried over for so longgg**

My dad got out the hair clippers in the summer holidays and shaved all my hair off :hissy: never cought them again till i went to secondary school once my hair was really long again..

Hair dye and hair striaghteners seem to keep them away though since im around lots of small children and i never have them now :dohh: but my hair striaghtners go up to 210 on temp lol

when i was at primary school we always had letter coming home and my hair was ever so long and thick :hissy:

Full marks worked for a while, tea tree did nothing and we had this nitcomb that was great **had batties in it and zapped the buggers** but in the end because the same people never did anything about it** here comes the bit that i cried over for so longgg**

My dad got out the hair clippers in the summer holidays and shaved all my hair off :hissy: never cought them again till i went to secondary school once my hair was really long again..

Hair dye and hair striaghteners seem to keep them away though since im around lots of small children and i never have them now :dohh: but my hair striaghtners go up to 210 on temp lol

Funny enough, the same time my daughter had them, my stepdaughter and Amanda were using my brush. I didn't get them but I do hot straighten my hair everyday so I think I may have got rid of them by doing that. My straightener goes to a very high temp too.

Honestly, I tried the vinegar, I tried the conditioner overnight, I tried tea tree oil, I combed for hours every night. But, once I used the hair straightner on Amanda, they were gone. 3 weeks later though. LOL Wish I had thought of it sooner than that.

i guess they burn easy lol and its cheaper than all that head-rin and full marks stuff ha

god i hate them, when mine get them i go through their hair every night with a comb until they are clear then when theyve had a week of clear heads i drop it to every sunday its a royal pita bring back the sodding nit nurse!

I'm itching like a mad woman now after reading this thread:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->