headlice!!

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
I have managed to catch headlice from somwhere!! :growlmad:
I have passed it onto my neice and my DD, altough i dont know if DD gave it me? I have done both our hairs 2x a day, and just little ones now! Do i inform playschool? im wondering if DD caught them from playschool?

stressing me out! :nope:

I doubt you gave it to her.....more likely she gave them to you from playschool :shrug:

Just treat them and also use a nit comb and also remember to treat them again in a weeks time.

let play school know. they are spread by close contact as they can't jump. My son came home with them at the end of term.. nice!

school aren't allowed to have a 'nit nurse' any more and apparently are not allowed to tell you if your child has head lice 'doh!

arghh! we used to have nit nurse haha!

it drives me mad! she screams all the way through doing her hair, and its not nice seeing her itch!

toke mt neice highschool yday and shes got pure blonde hair and i saw one in her fringe! iv got one of them expensive nit combs, seems to be working!

you can also buy a headlice spray on repellent from boots/superdrug/savers which you spray on and leave in, it contains tea tree oils and the lice find the smell offensive and won't go onto a head that smells of it. so once you guys are treated and all clear it might be a good idea to have a squirt of it on dd on days where she goes to playschool as a preventative measure. i used to use it when i worked in a nursery to stop me catching them off the kids as i wasn't going to stop giving them hugs etc if they asked for them.

ohh thanks! shes off playschool today, cause i dont think shes feeling too good, but wil get osme at weekend :D

I would not rely on just a nit comb tbh.....you need the treatment, I would be going to tescos or something now

i cant get anywhere atm.

we have a nittygritty comb so its not like the white ones you can get

we had three letters last week about nits and i check my daughters hair every night without fail and treat when it needs doing the poblem is if the other mums are not doing it im wasting my time. I dont use the repelant from the chemist becuase i refuse to pay the price so instead i buy some teatree (its a pound) and add a few drops to a water spray and put that in the mornings seems to be working.

please check out my blog the link is at the bottom of the page

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->