• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Health anxiety following early miscarriage

twin mum 27

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Long post warning but please read..

In 2011 i developed severe post natal health anxiety after the birth of my twins, thought to be triggered by having hyperemesis my entire pregnancy, pre eclampsia towards the end (bp and liver remained derranged for 12 months after) and then having my gall bladder taken out 3 weeks after their birth.. i saw a psychologist and started zoloft which helped. She also believes i have post traumatic stress disorder relatinf to my mothers battle with colorectal cancer (she is in remission now thankfully).

I recently had an early miscarriage/chemical. Since then my health anxiety has returned.. it started with me believing i must have something gynecologically wrong so i had an ultrasound... all normal. Then i began thinking about death and having to leave my kids behind.. which led to thoughts of getting/having colorectal cancer like my mum.. which led to me believing i had other illnesses..

Im back to the point of fearing every illness, and im terrified of the idea of death and what happens when we die..

Im seeing my dr on friday to get a psyc referal snd enquire about meds again.. im just so angry this horrible monster (anxiety) is controlling my life again and stopping me from trying for that baby we so badly want..

Has anyone else felt like this?

Sorry I didn't want to read and run.
I'm so sorry that you've got all of this going on right now! And I'm sorry for your loss x

I get mild anxiety, just stressing about small things, which makes them feel like huge things. I just try really hard to be aware of when I'm stressing and to tell myself "it's ok, stop thinking"
Sometimes it helps me, other times not so much.
I've just gotten to the point that I'm sick of worrying about things. I shouldn't care what others think, or worry about things that could happen in the future. There's no point worrying about things that can't be prevented xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->