Healthy Cleanse Over Clomid? NTNP #2

JustFluffy

Reaction score
Hey there, this is my first post in forever! I was on here diligently when TTC #1...

For my first baby I had to use Clomid to get pregnant. Luckily it worked on the third cycle. Now my DS is one and we are starting to think about number two. I have been off birth control for three months and my cycle have been fairly regular but short, 22-24 days. I had a friend who did Clomid for her first two but did a healthy cleanse for her second two to clean our her body and make it healthier to conceive. It worked for her both time very quickly. Does anyone else have experience with this? It is essentially eating only chicken and veggies for the first two weeks, then integrating fruit for two weeks after that and then integrating healthy grains. I am posting links below. Any stories or thoughts are appreciated!

https://www.ourhealthcoop.com/newsletter/article_rodier_cleanse.htm

https://www.happybeinghealthy.com/my-healthy-cleanse-adventure/

I personally don't think cleanses are the end all be all. If they were, there wouldn't be loads of women who eat exclusively crap while drinking and smoking getting pregnant left and right unintentionally kwim?

That said, I did do a cleanse about a year into our ttc journey. It consisted of kitchari for about a week while cutting out all refined sugars, caffeine, alcohol and processed foods to detox and reduce GI inflammation. The following week was adding in specific smoothies. The third and fourth was incorporating back in other fruits, veg and grains. During that month I attended weekly bikram and hot box yoga sessions, took a blood cleanser supplement called triphala and drank tulsi tea twice a day throughout. It didn't help us fertility wise, but did make me feel a lot better physically, mentally and emotionally. I still to this day largely avoid all the things I cut out, and made similar changes for my family's health in general and I do think it's contributed to our overall health and wellbeing. There's no way I'd ever go back.

As long as it's not a temporary one time event I think cleanses can be incredibly beneficial. By that I mean, use them as a jump start to healthier living if you truly want to reap any potential benefits.

I do believe scope of their ability to aid in infertility is likely limited depending on what is behind it for a given couple, but there's no way it can hurt so why not?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->