Healthy eating for a healthy bfp support thread!

josephine3

Reaction score
Hey ladies! So I've decided I need to get my body in better shape and get the nutrition I need to help me get that long awaited bfp. Who's up for it? Maybe we can encourage each other to stay motivated and get those vitamins in for a healthier body and mind.

My goals are:
Reduce alcohol
Reduce caffeine and specifically cut out energy drinks as I know these are really awful for the body
Cut out artificial sweetener
Eat more fruit, veg and juices
Remember to take a prenatal every day
Hopefully lose weight along the way

What are your goals? I'm not saying I will be cutting out all unhealthy food but if you remember the old slogan 'just eat more' (fruit and veg) that's what I'm trying to do!
I have a book about nutrition for fertility too so I will try and take a few photos of bits of info out of that and post them here.
Let's get our bodies in tip top shape to get that bfp naturally x
@littlewitch @NDH

Screenshot_20230209-130248.png

Reactions: NDH
Thanks for making the thread and tagging me Josephine!

I'm not looking for weight loss (though I am at my heaviest) but part of what I would like to work on is my gut, related to diastasis recti.

I so want to improve my overall fitness level (not with intense workouts or anything, at least not at this time, but just general mindfulness about doing something form of intentional exercise every day - even if it's just 5 minutes of stretches while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil lol.

I've had to cut white flour out of my diet, which in turn has drastically decreased my sugar consumption, but because I haven't told myself I'm cutting down on sugar it hasn't made me double down on craving it as I usually do when trying to avoid something :haha:. I can eat any baked goods I want, I just have to make them myself with whole wheat flour.

I've been making my own sourdough bread (I was making it before I switched from white flour to while wheat so I just had to convert my starter over) and it is so yummy. So far I haven't felt at all deprived even when my family has had pizza for dinner, or felt the need to bake myself any cookies etc.

So basically focusing on whole foods, homemade, and lots of healthy fats and veggies. And increasing my activity.
I also want to start making sourkraut again and increasing my fermented food intake.

As for vitamins, I will be starting some new ones this month when they arrive. I don't take a specific prenatal as I would still end up taking a bunch of other stuff that aren't in prenatals anyway, so I have chosen to take everything I feel I need (based on my most recent bloodwork ordered by a naturopath, as well as my own intuition) separately. Which also allows me to group things together to increase absorption rates which all in one vitamins don't do.

Anyway my new regimen will consist of:
Methylated B complex
Additional methylfolate
Omega 3
Vitamin D (September to June)
Coq10
NAC
Iron
Choline
Magnesium
Calcium
Zinc
And a highish dose of vitamin C (3000mg/day. I used to take significantly more and I still do increase it by at least double when sick)

I'll have to check my chart in the medicine cabinet but I think thats it for now.

Oh and I'm also seeing a Tibetan healer (similar to TCM) who has me on some herbs at the moment.

Both the naturopath I was seeing last year and the Tibetan healer have said my liver is not doing well (in alternative medicine the liver doesn't mean specifically the liver organ, but includes several other things including reproduction) and having a hard time detoxifying. I don't even drink alcohol. But since researching more about mthfr and the effect it has on far more than just fertility, decreased liver function is another super common effect. Far more so than fertility issues.
Anyway the NAC is to help with my liver, as well as the herbs the Tibetan healer has given me. The naturopath had me on some other liver supports but I couldn't afford to keep seeing him.

Wow that's quite the list if supplements @NDH!! Someone has done their research lol.
Another thing I'm trying to do is avoid microwaving food in plastic containers as I've read the chemicals from the plastic can leach out into food and effect the hormones.

Hi all. I am definitely joining this thread.
I am not incredibly unhealthy by any means, but after 11 cycles TTC and 3 chemicals (so far) to show for it, I think I should try to improve what I can.

Goals:
--better sleep/better sleep schedule
--possibly acupuncture for fertility
--improving thyroid function by decreasing stress response
--decrease alcohol consumption
--decrease processed foods/high fat foods/high sugar foods
--exercise daily in some way for 30 mins
--speak to myself kindly/positively (not just as related to TTC)
--make more time for spirit to support calm
--lose 5 pounds just by taking better care
--remembering to take women's multi/vitamin d/b complex
--increase hydration/water intake
--BFP :)

This week I have walked 5 miles, 8 miles biking, an hour of yang/yin yoga, and hot yoga. So fitness wise, I have been doing pretty good. I would say my diet still needs a lot of work.
Love to you all. I look forward to seeing how well we all progress/meet goals. :)

As to alcohol consumption, it's still controversial, but latest researches recommend avoiding it at all during the 2nd half of the cycle 3 months prior to ttc. Here is the research. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->