healthy eating - ideas :) !

stacey&bump

Reaction score
Hi ladies !

I'm getting right down to business with my diet and excercise starting tomorrow ! Reli want to feel slim and toned for xmas , but I would like some ideas about healthy eating , I'm guna write what I'd typically eat for breakfast lunch dinner and snacks and would be glad if some of u put forward some of ur ideas :) thank yous !

**Breakfast** - either slice of wheaten bread with poached egg / 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk

**Lunch** - ham salad / baked potato with coleslaw & small salad / low cal soup & wheaten slice

**Dinner** - grilled fish with veg & small potato / chicken veg & salad / stew

**snacks** - fruit / low cal yogs/ ryvita with low cal humous

For excercise I'm doing 10 minutes of skipping and 10 minute solutions abs in morning before LO wakes then 30 day shred at night when she's in bed .

Healthy food make healthy body fitness and long live my suggestion is that prefer for healthy food and avoid the junk food.

I always like to use herbs/spices to make my food more interesting.
I marinade chicken overnight in different mixes of spices or herbs. Very low calories but lots of flavour.
I also make up sugar free jelly with tinned fruit and use half a pot of yoghurt. Always feel like I've had a great pud for very little calories!

Thanks embo78 ! Herbs and spicy are definately tasty I have lots in the cupboard already but will be toppoing up :) I've also cut out salt

Sugar free jelly is amazing ! And sounds reli nice with tinned fruit I've only ever had it with yoghurt before

Yea, when you use herbs and spices you don't notice the lack of salt! I make a spicy marinade with cayenne pepper, paprika, coriander leaf, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, lemon juice and water. Ill either have it grilled and stuff a pitta bread and salad or quickly fry it, add onion, garlic and a tin of tomatoes for a quick low fat/calorie curry. Really yummy.

Defo try the jelly and fruit! Really nice. I've just had tinned mandarins and orange jelly with mandarin yoghurt (muller light!)

That marinade sounds amazing ! Great idea too with the curry sounds so yummy ill be trying that !!

I'm guna make up some raspberry jelly once I get LO to bed then have that tomorrow with the fruit and yoghurt ! If I had a healthy snack like that it would fill me up and I wldnt crave chocolate lol !

I've found vegan and vegetarian meals that don't use a lot of cheese are very healthy.

Here is what I had today:

B - A few scoops of homemade muesli mixed with a few scoops of non dairy yoghurt, throw in some chopped fruit and serve with chai or herbal tea :)

L - Avocado Salad (avocado, tomatoes, spinach leaves, red onions, peppers, lime juice) with a side of homemade cous cous

D - Baked aubergine halves filled with brown rice, mashed aubergine, and roasted chopped peppers, served with a side of spicy mash.

Lubbird that all sounds so healthy ! I've never tried cous cous what's it like and is it easy to make ?

Oh yeah cous cous is lovely! It's hard to explain the taste really but it compliments a lot of dishes. You can buy plain stuff and add your own flavours or buy a pre made pack. There are lots of different recipes so I would buy a bag of cous cous and try a few things out :)

Thank you ill defs be puttin that on my shopping list for next week :) !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->