Healthy eating?

shannonleigh

Reaction score
I know this might be a stupid thing to ask but just out of curiosity, do any of you ladies eat healthy and do you really think it makes a difference?
Obviously being healthy is good all round anyway but they say it makes the chance of a miscarriage not as much as it would if you were eating unhealthy.

I'm terrified of having a MMC again or a miscarriage at all for that matter so want to do everything right. I struggled with comfort eating after the loss and let go of myself completely, so getting back into being healthy might be a struggle but I'm willing to do it!

Hmm that's a toughie, I'm not sure how much unhealthy eating could affect miscarriage chances but of course every little helps. Saying that I am not the worlds best eater, I am like you a comfort eater, I baked a lot when I had my MMC!! I made efforts to get healthy after having my dd but still not much better now, my problem is usually lack of interest in eating when pregnant. I have to force myself to eat some days, whereas others I want to eat lots of stodge like bread, pasta and cheese!!
My MW said that as long as I keep trying as much as I can it will be ok but that healthy eating helps us as mammas too because we will feel better if we aren't eating rubbish and getting all the vitamins we need etc.
I don't see anything wrong with a healthy balanced diet with the odd treat here and there though, combined with a good pregnancy vitamin (like pregnacare).

I don't know if that actually answers your question or if it's just my inane ramblings lol!

baileybubs- Yes! Comfort eating is a hard one to get out of cause it actually works:-/ I'm taking pregnacare right now, was just on folic acid before but I heard these are much better, thank you!

The main thing I changed was cutting way back on coffee. Today I tried half caf (half decaf and half normal) and I HATED IT. Its so gross, I hate it, hate it, hate it. :cry: Never doing it again, it was so disgusting.

OK, I'm done. :blush:

Other than that, my body stopped wanting bucket loads of coffee to begin with, so I'm good with a nice NORMAL 1/2 cup of coffee. And I used to eat ice cream/candy like it was going out of style and now I don't crave it. Weird.

I'm eating more fruit than normal (maybe that's why my sweet tooth has been curbed?), but I still indulge in my fast food from time to time.

As for is it better for preventing miscarriages. I have no idea. I didn't even think about MCs and unhealthy eating. I just figured that what you eat goes to the baby, and I want my baby to get the best while growing. They have all the time in the world later on to go binge on crap food (ok, hopefully not). But for now, I'm eating as healthy as I can manage without driving myself nuts. :)

I think the sicky weeks of the first trimester its a case of just getting through it with what you can. Your body has aversion to certain things as an evolutionary protection. I think with healthy eating its important to pre-load on those nutrients pre-pregnancy so while your body is pregnant and sicky the nutrients are there ready for the baby, even if you can't replace them for a few weeks.

Yeah I tried decaf coffee and it was yuck! But i don't seem to want got drinks anymore now thankfully, maybe coz I'm so thirsty all the time! That's another thing my MW said, it's more important to make sure you are drinking enough water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->