Heard heartbeat on Doppler :) but brown discharge :(

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
So I heard babies heartbeat on my Doppler earlier which was lovely! It didn't register on the screen but I could quite clearly hear it!

But what concerns me is that for the past few days I've been having stretchy crampy pains on and off and a bit of brown discharge.

My sickness is still as bad and I'm even more tired than normal.

Should I see my doctor or will everything be okay? I've got 12 week scan on the 21st x

i would give the doc a ring to put ur mind at rest about the brown discharge x

Great news about hearing babies heartbeat. I would ring your doctor to get advise on the brown discharge especially if it's worrying you x

If your concerned ring the doctor, it's better to put yourself at ease than worry until the 21st.

Brown discharge is supposed to be ok because brown is old blood. It's when they say it's fresh red blood that is a concern with lots of cramping. I would still call doctor if you are worried though

Thanks everyone, so thrilled to hear heartbeat! But obviously slightly concerned about doscharge, it's only happened twice and there was only the tiniest amount but I googled and now I've worried myself that the worst is going to happen :(

I need to stay away from Google haha!

Google is the worst! I had to literally ban myself from it in the earliest days because I was freaking myself out so much!

I'd say you are probably fine, but if you are concerned, call the Dr.

Congrats on hearing baby on the doppler! It's so surreal to hear that little heartbeat. <3

I would phone the early pregnancy unit, (if in the UK, not sure if you are) I did for brown discharge before and they had me come in and have a scan. If you can't do that then I'd phone the doctor x

I've had brown discharge for nearly 6 days now hopefully everything is ok for you x

Thank you ladies, I'm going to ring the EPAU today and see what they say :s I've heard the one in lincoln isn't very helpful so we'll see! Should I ring the doctor first for a referral or just ring the ward straight away? Xx

They say that your doctor should be notified of any kind of bleeding (even the brown kind!)

I might be paranoid, but with my last pregnancy, I was straight to the emergency room when I started bleeding. I would do the same this time!

I rang my doctor and he said not to worry as it isn't fresh blood and I dont have any bad pain, just told me to take it easy and call back if it turns red or I have more pain x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->