Heard the heartbeat at a checkup yesterday!

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
I went in for a checkup yesterday and we got to use a doppler and hear our babies heartbeat! When we went for the ultrasound, they said it was too early to hear the heartbeat. It was incredible. Now we have our second ultrasound on the 26th. Hopefully we can find out the sex of the baby! I'm super excited. Someone send me a little pink dust please. =)

aww its great when u can hear the heartbeat isnt it x

i luv listening to the heartbeat---i could listen to it all day---

**Pink baby dust***

The ultrasound cant pick up the heartbeat at 15 weeks??

Hearing the heartbeat is such an incredible experience, isn't it? None of this felt real until the first time I heard it...

Glad everything is going well! *thinking :pink: for you*

I have yet to hear my baby's heartbeat, little goober always hides :rofl:

It was super exciting. And it did make it more real also. We had the first ultrasound around 10 weeks, and they said we wouldn't be able to hear the heartbeat then. Thanks for the pink wishes! =)

I was just confused I guess, because when I had my Ultrasound at 8 weeks we heard the heartbeat. Maybe it depends on the type of US Machine. Also did a transvaginal, thats when it was really loud, but they were able to pick it up on the skin, just was softer

I had a vaginal US for the first one as well since my doc said it was more accurate that early than one on my tummy. I have Kaiser for medical and I saw different people at first so maybe the nurse who did the US didn't recognize it or maybe they didn't have equipment to pick it up that early. I thought we would be able to hear it at the US so I was a little disappointed. But it was great hearing it Monday. I think after we do the US on the 26th we are going to do a 3 or 4d one. Do u ladies have much experience with those? There is a place near me called Womb With a View that I heard was really great. Thanks for any advice! :)

Woot, I got to hear my baby's heartbeat for a second time at my appointment this morning. It was the first time my fiance got to hear it... he seemed pretty awed by it. Hell, I was pretty awed by it.

The first time i heard the heartbeat was when i was about 12 weeks. They thought i was 10 before that, so they set up an ultrasound for me. I cried when i heard it. :cry: i guess i cry over everything now, tho :blush:

I cried to. DH was in awe as well, although he didnt cry.

i heard the heartbeat on the doppler but the ultrasound they used on me u could see the heartbeat on the monitor but it didnt have a volume control option so u couldnt hear it but u could see the pattern it made and later u can also see the actual heartbeat as a flashing heart on the ultrasound (we did at 20 weeks ---i thought it was amazing ---)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->