• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hearing baby’s heartbeat?

twinkle93

very happy mummy to be
Reaction score
My 16 week apt is approaching and I’ve booked it after school so that my 7 year old daughter can come and hopefully hear the heartbeat with us. We haven’t heard it yet. Will they definitely let us hear heartbeat at 16 weeks?

Im certain they will! Point out to the doc or nurse that his or her sibling is so excited to hear a heartbeat today.

Think it depends on your care provider, where am I they don’t listen in at 16 weeks anymore, only from 24 weeks!

Check in advance with your midwife. In our area they don’t even try at 16 weeks because too often if the placenta is at the front they can’t find it and it worries people.

My group checks with doppler from 12 weeks and every appt thereafter. It varies it seems. So maybe call the office before the appt to check?

I saw the consultant at 16 weeks and got a sneaky extra scan rather than a heartbeat listen... but my son has been listening to baby's heartbeat maybe once a week for the last three or four weeks with my home Doppler.

Last week he heard the movement, too. It was a great way for him to bond with baby before it was all that visible with my growing stomach.

I have my 16 week Friday and I really hope that they listen. The last place I went checked every time I went in so they started at 12 weeks. I don't think it will be like that here. Just hopeful.

I know it can cause unnecessary worry, but sometimes it really helps as well!

I've still never seen a doppler, but I've had an ultrasound every time I go to the doctor, so I suppose they consider it unnecessary?

Yes, the midwife found the heartbeat for me at the 16 week appointment. Although, she did say that they can't always find it at this appointment because the baby can be hiding too far back in the pelvis. Fingers crossed they can find baby for you!

My OB has checked for the heartbeat at every appointment since week 12. He had some difficulty at my 19 week appointment because baby was moving so much. I'd just ask your provider, and make sure to mention that baby's sibling wants to hear it.

They do offer it at you 16 week appointment. It depends on the position of the baby if/what you'll hear though, they were only briefly able to hear it at my 16 week app as baby wouldn't stop moving.

We did ask and we found it ❤️ It was amazing and I’m now feeling kicks not just clutters! Very sporadic that I can actually feel them but I can’t believ how quick it’s come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->