Heart Beat - accelerating at night

MamaFlick

Reaction score
For the past few nights, when I lie down to go to sleep, I can sometimes feel my heart beating super strong and it kind of makes breathing a little bit more difficult. I'm not struggling to breath by any means but it definitely feels strange. I'm always lying on my side (never my back). It feels like my heart is accelerating.

Is this normal? Should I call my midwife?

Which side are you laying on? I notice that laying on my right side makes it a little more difficult for me to breathe. I have to lay on my left :) Try that, but my heart races every now and then too. Your body has a lot going on right now. When is your next apt?

I think that I was lying on my left side. I don't have an appointment for another week and a half, so I decided to go ahead and call my midwife. I left a message and am waiting to hear back.

Thanks for your response. :)

It's always better to be safe than sorry, but I am sure everything is just fine :)

I have a rapid heartbeat near enough all the time but I tend to notice it more at night, mine is down to my anemia though so maybe that's something the midwife could check?x

Hi ladies, thanks for all of the responses. :)

I talked to my midwife and she said if it's just when I first lie down (which it is, for about a minute), it's fine and normal. She said it's because of the increased blood volume, and when you first lie down, especially on your side, it can all rush to your heart and give a heavy/accelerated heart rate.

Now if I had any lightheadedness or had the accelerated heart rate during the day, she said we should get an EKG. But I haven't had those symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->