Heart Doppler to determine Position - Accurate???

MImom2be

Recent Mommy~6-13-13!
Reaction score
Well, we had us a scare this weekend...Hubby took me into the Labor and Delivery and thankfully, it was NOT labor, my cervex is still sealed :thumbup:

But, they were using their fetal heart monitors and they had to keep moving it because she was moving so much! At one point, the nurse mentioned something about how if the heartbeat is loudest BELOW the belly button, it indicated that a baby was NOT in breech, and likewise, that a loud heartbeat ABOVE the belly button indicated baby may be IN breech position.

Being as baby girl has been in breech and we're approaching the "finish line" I was curious if it'd possibly be worth it to rent a doppler to try and help me monitor her positioning, if it's accurate?

Not sure if it matters, BUT, I have an anterior placenta which I was told DOES effect where I feel her move, how often I feel her and how hard I feel her, does it maybe also bounce sound a little differently, too?

I don't think it's all that accurate, as my baby is solidly headdown and the loudest hb can usually be found high up. My doctor palates my belly weekly at this point o monitor position, between ultrasounds. And she's always head down.

I don't think it's all that accurate, as my baby is solidly headdown and the loudest hb can usually be found high up. My doctor palates my belly weekly at this point o monitor position, between ultrasounds. And she's always head down.

Thank you, Cathrine, I was just hoping there would be a way I could try to keep track of her positioning. I've tried Spinning Babies belly mapping and I just can't seem to get the hang of it. :/ I've tried palpitating my own belly and same thing, I just don't know WHAT I'm feeling/looking for, exactly.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->