Heart Murmur

Holldoll

Mom of 1 Princess
Reaction score
When I was 16 I had open heart surgery for ASD, essentially I had 3 holes in my heart. Before the surgery I also had a tricuspid murmur. After the surgery it was all gone. I went to the cardiologist yesterday (I haven't been since 2001, didn't need to go back until I was pregnant) and he said the tricuspid murmur is back. He didn't make me feel very comfortable with it. What he said I interpreted that the fact it was gone and come back is not a good thing. Anyway, I'm going to be getting and echocardiogram (an US on the heart) done on Friday. I don't get to go see the cardiologist for 10 days after that to get the results. I'm hoping that after I see the OB on Monday I can tell him about what's going on and he can call the cardiologist and get the results sooner.

That's all, just needed to vent.

I hope you're ok and the tests go well. My little brother was born with a hole in his heart and he went without problems for years after having it fixed soon after his birth but now he's a teenager he's started having problems again.

There's no worse time to find out you've got a problem that when you're pregnant because you can't help but worry anyway. I'm sure it will be ok though. Take it easy. :hugs:

Granted I don't have the history that you do, but my midwife told me it is not uncommon for pregnant women to develop a heart murmur during pregnancy.

Hey . I also have a hole in my heart .. am 18 weeks pregnant and i might need a C section .

Hey . I also have a hole in my heart .. am 18 weeks pregnant and i might need a C section .

That's what I'm hoping to avoid. We'll see after the echo on Friday.

Most women do develop heart murmurs, but they are different kind. When I was a baby the Dr. told my Mom 75% of the population has a murmur, but mine was an abnormal one and that's what's back. The Dr. said it not usually until much later in pregnancy. He really didn't make me feel great about it!

:hugs:

I hope all is ok hon, good luck on your appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->