Heart Palpitations?

bumphope

Reaction score
Is anyone having these? I've had them before but not this regularly.

The last three or four evenings I've had a fluttery feeling in my chest once or twice, but today they've been here all afternoon, and they're freaking me out!

Ive been feeling tired and I've still got this cold and cough so I took the opportunity of a quiet day to sit on the sofa all afternoon, so it's not like I've been going crazy today.

Not sure if there's anything I can do about them?

X

Yes, it's like no matter what I do, my heart just can't find its rhythm and it can last for a long time! Even dh can feel it. So very frustrating as it makes me short of breath. So it's good to hear it's not that crazy.

It's weird isn't it! I'm pleased it's not just me.... And from what I've googled it's not a big deal, just feels strange and I can't help but wonder whether it means something bad! X

Yes! I had them at about 5 weeks but they went away until 2 days ago! Have had it off and on the last 2 days. Mr.google has made me not too concerned. I have an appt this week and was thinking I might ask about it then.

my dr said it's just hormones and not to be worried unless they happen all day long for days straight. that coupled with the fact we have 50% more blood now. i hate the feeling!!!

yep me too more so when I lay down its a horrible feeling! hopefully its nothing to worry about x

i get them too, feels like a butterfly in my heaqrt for a few seconds haha

my dr said it's just hormones and not to be worried unless they happen all day long for days straight. that coupled with the fact we have 50% more blood now. i hate the feeling!!!

Ah that's interesting, thank you, a great gauge for when they're ok and when they're not :) x

I've had them from Anxiety issues for around 2 years now, but around 2 weeks ago before i got my BFP i had a session last 20 mins which really freaked me out, thought i was going to have a heart attack, which made me anxious, which probably what prolonged it, normally for me its seconds. So i guess it does have something to do with pregnancy? If worried though, check with GP :)

Yeah, I've been getting skipped beats (fluttery feeling) for years. It has gotten worse now I'm pregnant, and like another poster said, I was told its due to the extra blood. Not many doctors seem to take palpitations too seriously unless you get other symptoms like shortness of breath, dizzy, sweaty etc (thats what a cardiologist told me anyway!). It's an awful feeling though, I don't think I'll ever get used to them!

Thank you! I feel a lot better now... But its still wierd!!

x

I'm also getting them. I can see my top move up and down with the strength of the heart beat sometimes. Really disconcerting feeling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->