Heart problems :(

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I'm seeking advice from Mumma's who have/had little ones with heart problems.

At dd's 6 week check she was discovered to have a 'slight systolic murmur' I was referred to a paediatrician. I saw him when the baby was in hospital (for feeding problems, tachycardia, weight loss and a uti). He confirmed the murmur and moved my appointment up from May to next week. He also commented on her mottled skin.

A week after that it was confirmed that the murmur hadn't gone away but had worsened and was now classed as a loud murmur. I was told I would need to take her for an EKG and heart ultrasounds but am still waiting for a referral.

Charlotte has now developed a cough and is bringing up mucus which she is choking on. The child and family health nurse commented on her sweatiness and again her mottled complexion. Then scared me by saying, 'it sounds to me like there is something wrong with her heart."
She's been sleeping 21 hours a day and still isn't keen on feeding. She's lost more weight.

I'm wondering if any of you ladies had any experience with these symptoms and had it turn out to be good/not so good. I've felt all along that she had heart issues but was dismissed each time I mentioned it,

Hi there sorry nobody has replied to you yet. I dont come in here often. I personally don't have experience of this but I can suggest you post in the special needs forum as there are some mums who will have more advice I am sure

hugs for you and your lo :hugs:

Sorry I've no advice but I would take lo back to the doctors. You might get more advice and surpport if you post in baby club. :hugs:

Hi,

Im sorry youre going through this and I really really hope that your baby is heart healthy. Im a mum to a heart baby. She was diagnosed right after birth as she struggled to breath. The good news is we are lucky to have her after everything she went through. If you want to chat PM me and I will help any way I can. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->