Heart rates at 7 weeks 2 days- I need reassurance, my friend just scared me...

Daisypetals

Reaction score
I had an ultrasound done and at 7 weeks 1 to 2 days the fetal heart rate was 146. I have had multiple MC and this would be my first child. My friend scared me, cause she is also pregnant and this is her second. She said her fetal heart rate was higher like high 160's-170's. Is 146 a strong heartbeat for about 7 weeks? Anyone have their fetal heart rate checked that early?

I'm sure it's fine, did u google it? I had US at 6w3d and mine was 115. Very early and md said they Start off flow and pick up. Positive thoughts :)

I've had several early ultrasounds, at 6 weeks 3 days they were 126, then they were 153 and 156, and then at 8 1/2 they were in the 170s. They will increase and then start to decrease again after awhile. Week 8/9 are fastest heartrate I believe.

It is totally fine! Don't let your friend scare you, the stress is not good for your baby. At this stage a heartrate between 120-180bpm is normal. Just as pp said, it starts out low, increases then peaks at about 20 weeks and as the baby gets bigger it decreases again.

My second child's was 143 at 7w3d.

ETA- I had a scan last week at 8w and my sonographer said anything between 120-180 is considered normal at that stage.

Thank you all for the reassurance. My Dr. said it was a good heartbeat, but after so many losses, I guess I need the extra reassurance from others. I appreciate you all taking the time to respond and reassure!

Mine at 6 +6 was 148
Then at 9 weeks was 182
Then 12 weekk scan 172
At 20'weeek scan I forgot to ask lol

That's right on target for 7 weeks.
This link has averages per week:
https://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/pregnancy/heartbeat.php

When I first went in at just over 6 weeks mine was 114 and then at 7 it was 148 and then at week 9 172 then week 10 178. At the start I was worried maybe it was too slow and then later I was worried maybe it was too fast haha but the sonographer said they don't worry as long as it's between 100 to 200. I know how you feel because I have also had 4 miscarriages before and this would also be my first child and my friend is also pregnant so I compare everything to her too she has been sick and vomiting and I haven't thrown up once! I worry about why she is sick and I'm not wondering if it's a bad sign very hard not to feel nervous after having losses.

Thanks all! I feel so much better reading your replies. I go in for another sono on Thursday, when I will be about 8 weeks 2 days. I pray the baby's heart rate goes up like it's supposed to. I seriously go into every sono expecting the worse cause that us what has happened in the past. However, this baby so far has been right on track. It's a little fighter because I have been bleeding and spotting since week 5 (which has never happened before.) on the last sono they found a small 17 mm subchorionic hematoma next to the sac. Anyways- thanks all for your replies... They have helped!

Even if it doesn't go up next scan that's still a strong heart beat :)

I also bleed and have an sch. It's scary stuff although my dr said not to worry.

I have also been spotting and had 3 small bleeds through out since 6 and half weeks and also got told I had a sch which was 3.5 x 4cm and then when I went back it had halfed in size so you might go back next time and it could be gone.

Hope all goes well for you on Thursday

I had US at 7weeks, measured 6w2d on ultrasound with 2 sacs, 1 HB at 157, no HB yet on baby B

That sounds normal! Mine was 162 at 7+6 (measuring 7+2). I have seen some women whose babies had lower heart rates than yours. And everything was fine! If the doc isn't worried, then try not to stress too much. Some friends think they know it all :dohh:

since my midwife picked up my babies heart beats on the doppler at 11 weeks, both my babies heart rates are consistently 150-156 bpm and i'm now 17 weeks and they are still the same :thumbup:

That's a good strong heartbeat hun don't worry my baby is 20 weeks now and she's always at 150- 155 always has been my little boy was always 120-140

It's fine don't worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->