Heart Shaped Uterus

My_First

Reaction score
So I had my 12 week scan today and the sonographer have apparently got to be limited on what they say as they are not there to diagnose but to inform.

Alls fine with baby, NT is normal, but we started talking about my constant spotting and she said, it could be because you have a heart shaped uterus, but said not to worry about it. This was not picked up via my first pregnancy/c section, and this sonographer didn't put it anywhere on my notes. Is it something significant, should I mention it to my consultant at 20 weeks? I just unsure what to do?

So I had my 12 week scan today and the sonographer have apparently got to be limited on what they say as they are not there to diagnose but to inform.

Alls fine with baby, NT is normal, but we started talking about my constant spotting and she said, it could be because you have a heart shaped uterus, but said not to worry about it. This was not picked up via my first pregnancy/c section, and this sonographer didn't put it anywhere on my notes. Is it something significant, should I mention it to my consultant at 20 weeks? I just unsure what to do?

I believe that's referred to as a bicornuate uterus. I think you should be fine they just monitor you more closely. If you read up on it they say it usually doesn't affect fertility or pregnancy but there are a few women who go into labor a bit early just because the shape of the uterus doesn't allow the full 40 weeks. It doesn't seem like a major issue just one they monitor a bit more. Good luck and try not to worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->