Heartbeat at 15 weeks?

Neferet

Reaction score
Howdy! I'm 15 weeks preggo today and I have a midwife appointment tomorrow. Anyone know if she's likelyto listen for the heart beat or if it's too early?

I would think so. My doctor starts listening at around 13 weeks.

My OB tried a few days before I turned 15 weeks and couldn't find it. I was sent for an ultrasound and all was fine.

Tried at 12 weeks with all three a d found it=) I even made sure to bring my phone to record it♡♡

They did at my 15 week app so hopefully they do for you too :)

They found my first heartbeat at 13+4. I'd say you will probably get to hear it! :)

They found mine first at 11 weeks and then 15 weeks so I think they should :)

She should try to listen to it.
My midwife first listened to baby's at 9+6 for me. And she said it is standard to listen to it at every appointment, which right now is every 4 weeks.

Round here the general rule is to never listen in before 20 weeks and the majority of midwives stick to that. I got lucky at my app at 17+4 weeks and she said it can still be hard to find at that gestation and it can cause unesessary worry so they usually wait until later on but she would have a quick check but not to worry if she couldn't find it. She found it straight away. I have had times even around 30 weeks last time where they struggled to find a heart beat with both Doppler and the monitors they hook you up to and ended up with an emergency scan but all was fine.

Thanks for all your replies. Just got back from my appointment- everything is normal and I got to hear the heartbeat :)

Here they begin listening in at 12 weeks! Glad all was well

My midwife has only checked it once (16 weeks) and that was only because I'd had some red spotting, otherwise I wouldn't have heard it!

My doc found mine at 10.5 weeks, so I would think they would! I'm 14+3 today and they found mine easily yesterday. Hope you get to hear it! :dance:

Yeah my Dr does it at every app. And the first one was about 9 weeks I believe.
She's heard it every time!

Not to mean if they can't find it is bad though. Baby can hide in there!!

I've been listening to it at home since 7 weeks. My dr started at 12-13 weeks and found it no problem.

I've heard the heartbeat on ultrasounds starting at 7 weeks but my doctor used a doppler at 13 weeks and found the heartbeat on the first try!

Usually they start listening at 12 weeks, but it can be heard as early as 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->