Heartbeat question - lower in the last weeks?

discohospital

Reaction score
My baby's heartbeat has averaged around 150 (give or take 5-10 bpm) since 25 weeks or so. I didn't check it daily, btw, only when he didn't move much

I'm 34 weeks now and in the last 10 days or so whenever I catch him relaxed it's around 128. DH and I could both tell immediately that it was slower than before. When I prod a little more with the Doppler his hb goes up and down and seems erratic.

My OB did a non-stress test and in those 10 minutes his hb was 128-170+ and he was moving a lot. Doc said that was fine. I asked about cord issues and he pretty much just said "that's not going on" though without much explanation.

Bottom line is I'm worried because his resting heart rate went down a bit. I read a few places that it was normal but as usual Googling leads to 50% reassurance and 50% panic :blush:

I've read no need to worry unless it's under 120, but 128 feels too close for comfort and I'm a nervous nelly. For now I'm checking him anytime I don't feel him move much and the doc is doing NST twice a week for me (for other reasons)

Any insight or experience would be appreciated, as always!

I've been told that the closer you get to your due date, the heart rate gets lower. My first used to be always between 145-150 until about 32/33 weeks and then she was between 130-135.

Mine started around 145 and is now down to about 120-125.. the Doctor has never been concerned.

It depends on how active baby is. When my daughter was still it was 130ish at the end. When she was active it went up to 150+

It does slow down as they get closer to being born. Xx

My second daughter was always around 130-140 but when I was in hospital pre getting induced at 39+5 her baseline was 110. They poked and prodded her a lot and she responded as she should but she just had a low baseline.

No cord issues and she was born without a problem despite quite a difficult labour (my uterus was hyperstimulated and they were amazed how well she coped)

She is a lovely relaxed little 2 year old now - much more chilled out than her sister who had a wayyyyyyyyyyyy higher baseline even right at the end :rofl:

Interesting, thank you all for your replies!

The two NSTs done with my OB showed him anywhere from 128-170 (though the highest and lowest numbers are usually only for a short while; it mostly bounces around from the 130s to 150s)
He's always wiggling around during the tests, so when they see the print out they just say "Oh, he's moving a lot! He's fine!" and send me on my way.

I was finally approved to get the tests done at the hospital, so starting today I'll have two NSTs a week and one AFI (ultrasound to check fluid, from what I read)

I'm hoping hospital people will take a little more time to explain things to me. My OB will answer things I ask, but he's a little batty and rushes things sometimes and I get confused.

A friend of mine also goes to him and feels the same way, ugh!

Anyway, thanks again everyone!!!

My baby doesn't seem to think it's in the last week's yet, lol. I didn't expect so many people to say a drop was normal because this kid's happily bounced around in the mid-150s at every appointment since 12 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->