Heartbeat

korink26

Reaction score
Did anybody else see their baby's heartbeat before their miscarriage? I spotted a teeny bit at 7 weeks only in the morning, and had brown discharge on and off for a week. Went for an ultrasound, we got to see the heartbeat, but she said it was a little low (97 BPM--but we were also measureing a week behind). She said she wasn't worried 'cuz it could have just started...but I insisted on a follow up a week later and that's when we found out the heart had stopped.....I think it made me feel worse seeing the HB. :cry:

Hi. Really sorry for you loss. I have recently suffered my 3rd mc. Like you I had some spotting and was sent for an ultra sound scan (3 intotal) and each time there was a heartbeat. I never had experienced it with my first 2 and I can honestly say that seeing that little heartbeat did make it alot worse for me and I have found it harder to come to terms with. X

Oh my, so sorry for your losses! :hugs: I can't imagine....
My Dr. said when I find out I'm pregnant again (hopefully?!) she will do a scan right away at 6 weeks so we can see the hb and relax. I actually think I'd prefer to wait a little longer to make sure if we're going to see the hb it's a good strong one.
Have they tested you to find out why you have had multiple mc? You poor thing....

I have had two m/c's. The first was a blighted ovum but the second we saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks, nice and strong at 152 beats per minute. The Docs said the odds of losing it were less than 5%. Well welcome to the less then 5%. The baby apparently died between 9 and 10 weeks but we didn't find out until our 14 week u/s. It was horrible although I already had a sinking feeling taht something was wrong as I just didn't feel "right".

Oh my, so sorry for your losses! :hugs: I can't imagine....
My Dr. said when I find out I'm pregnant again (hopefully?!) she will do a scan right away at 6 weeks so we can see the hb and relax. I actually think I'd prefer to wait a little longer to make sure if we're going to see the hb it's a good strong one.
Have they tested you to find out why you have had multiple mc? You poor thing....

Thanks. No I don't qualify for any tests as luckily after my 1st and 2nd I had successful pregnancies a few months after.....I will be wanting an early scan this time, I'm thinking around 8 weeks...x

I have had two m/c's. The first was a blighted ovum but the second we saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks, nice and strong at 152 beats per minute. The Docs said the odds of losing it were less than 5%. Well welcome to the less then 5%. The baby apparently died between 9 and 10 weeks but we didn't find out until our 14 week u/s. It was horrible although I already had a sinking feeling taht something was wrong as I just didn't feel "right".

So sorry for your losses! Pregnancy was the happiest and scariest part of my life....and I have a feeling until I deliver a healthy baby it will stay that way. You're proof that you just never know....

My first miscarriage was a twin pregnancy I too had spotting and had scans at 6 weeks and 8 weeks saw healthy hb at the first then second one of the twins hb had slowed at 10 weeks nothing. Stopped growing around 8 weeks. This time similar situation began spotting went for a scan, measured a week behind dates(5+4) but was reassured all was well. Went for at scan 10+5 no heart beat, large gestational sac and fetal pole measuring 5+4/5 a day or so after my scan LO stopped growing. I am now informed that I WILL get more regular scans as I did ask this time but they fobbed me off. Seeing the Heart beatd give me hope only to be dashed weeks later. x

The only time I ever got to see sprout was after they had already stopped growing. Because I had the minutest bit of discharge and was re-assured it was normal I was expecting to see our little tyke wiggling on the screen with hopefully a nice strong heart-beat. Obviously didn't happen but I do feel sad that I have no 'live' sounds/pictures/memories of sprout that I could keep in my mind to remind me of my brief time being a Mummy.

I think perhaps until you have been in the situation where you have both experienced hearing/seeing the heartbeat or not hearing/seeing the heartbeat it would be difficult to gauge. It is also probably a personal thing too, some women may find comfort in seeing it whilst other's will feel it has made it worse.

Wishing you all luck and lots of sticky :dust: xxx

My first pregnancy, I had a MMC and found out at 10 weeks. The baby stopped growing at 7w5d. My doctor does not do early ultrasounds, so I didn't have one and therefore, never got to see my baby's heart beating.

My 2nd loss, was too early, 5w2d. Just started bleeding and the PG test was faint. Lost it the next day.

I was a patient of a fertility clinic but we got pregnant naturally so the clinic said they would still take care of me until i was 12 weeks. I went for a scan at 6 weeks and we saw the heartbeat, it was so beautiful. At 9 and a half weeks I freaked out a bit cause my boobs werent as sore one day so went for another scan and the baby was doing really well. We even got to hear the heartbeat that day. The doctor said the heartbeat was really strong and at this stage I could start to relax. She said to enjoy my pregnancy and not worry because the baby looked really well. So on I went, I had all my symptoms as strong as ever. I had a final scan booked for the day before we were going to share our wonderful news with our family and friends. I was 11 weeks and 4 days. I went to the scan on my own as dh was working but we werent even thinking of anything being wrong as my pregnancy symptoms were so strong. But that was the day, on my own in that room, that I was told my baby's heart had stopped beating. A mmc, just so horrific and sad. But I am glad I got to see my little one, that tiny beautiful flicker, just wish it had stayed. xxxxx to u all

No, luckily. I started bleeding before I had my firsts scan with my first m/c and with the second pregnancy, we went along for our first scan (approx 10 weeks) expecting everything to be fine as I was so sick and no HB. Frankly, I am glad, I think it would be worse to have heard it. It was bad enough seeing how far it had progressed as it was.

I am like Korink26, I would wait for a scan because I'm so scared of thinking all is ok and it's not. You can't win really :-(

Clare

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->